Lucky find

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Coupe
2001 Coupe
Local guy posted a 72 coupe for parts today. He didn't list it specifically, but in the corner of one interior shot I saw a small piece of an armrest. I've been looking for a console for our 72, but can't stomach some of the prices I've seen. I called and $75 bucks later, I had this original black console, complete with clock and harness, ash tray door and armrest cover. Absolutely made my day. I wasn't even looking for it this morning...it found me. I love this hobby!

Console1.JPG

Console1.JPG

Console2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
very good find

Cool, if you want to spruce it up, they now sell the clock camera face with chrome trim and the lid for the armrest as reproduction.

I flocked the storage compartment on mine with black flocking to dress it up as well.

:cool: Very cool find, my uncle has a perfect one from his car he has not installed in his and will not sell it to me either. He said that he was not going to install it either so still hope I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, guys. Appreciate the tip, 72HCode. We'll certainly be refurbing this before it goes in the car. The sad part is that the car won't be ready for it for at least another 6-8 months.

no worries its the winter time to work on small parts in the basement

:D

now is the time to take it all apart, clean up the wire harness, take the clock out and repair if needed, sand blast the ashtray lid and grease up the tracks for it. make any plastic repairs and repaint it if needed :).

its easy to make it look bran new again.

Latest posts

Back