71 Boss on B-J

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice blue/argent Boss 351 just sold on Barrett-Jackson for the "reasonable" price (by B-J standard) for $27,000
Yeah Im watching it! Thought it would fetch more than that!

Nice blue/argent Boss 351 just sold on Barrett-Jackson for the "reasonable" price (by B-J standard) for $27,000
That is reasonable for a true boss..Goes to show the collector market hasn't hit bottom just yet..As I predicted a few months ago there are plenty of great deals out there & more hitting the market every day..

Yeah me too. 70 Boss 302 clone went for more than a true Boss 351. Dont get auctions sometimes. Even the comentator said the Boss 351's were the best driving cars out of all the Bosses.

I don't know what kind of condition the Boss 351 was in, but $27,000 was probably a steal. They've been going for $15-$20K more than that. The consignor is probably considering jumping off a bridge right about now.

Steve

Agreed! Way under valued at 27K. Car Auction are viper pits and I don't mean the Dodge version. Chuck

Their really must have been something wrong with that car.

$27K for a Boss 351 or $60K for a new Mustang...I go $27k.

Not a B-J fan...um, not a Barret Jackson fan. I refuse to pay the B-J application fee, but when I can see defects on the TV, I can't imagine the defects I can't see.

I don't know what kind of condition the Boss 351 was in, but $27,000 was probably a steal. They've been going for $15-$20K more than that. The consignor is probably considering jumping off a bridge right about now.

Steve
Car was in GREAT condition...

OK I went to BJ today and the first thing I had to do was find the Boss for 27K. Well I found it. Just what I thought TV makes the car look good. The person who BONDOED the rear quarters up should be slapped.:mad: The paint was nice but chipped in spots. The glass was scratched. The Hurst shifter was incorrect. The rear spoiler was on backwards. Just to list a few things. I didn't look under the hood so who knows what that was like. So 27K for a Boss 351 driver/project was maybe a little to much coin.

boss 001.jpg

boss 002.jpg

boss 003.jpg

OK I went to BJ today and the first thing I had to do was find the Boss for 27K. Well I found it. Just what I thought TV makes the car look good. The person who BONDOED the rear quarters up should be slapped.:mad: The paint was nice but chipped in spots. The glass was scratched. The Hurst shifter was incorrect. The rear spoiler was on backwards. Just to list a few things. I didn't look under the hood so who knows what that was like. So 27K for a Boss 351 driver/project was maybe a little to much coin.
It's actually closer to 30k by the time you pay the buyers premium & add in all the other fees. It seems that rear qtr repairs repop panel section replacements are a real sore spot for most shops..or owners replacing themselves..IT TAKES REAL SKILL TO DO IT CORRECTLY for a invisible repair. Not only that ..it also costs about double labor wise to butt weld a panel on vs an overlap.

I have looked at quite a few cars in the last few months & every single one that had a otr section replacement done looked like hell..I have yet to see 1 done correctly..I guess part of it is that when given a choice of having to pay an extra $1500.00 in labor to butt weld a panel on do the related work to make it invisible most will opt out.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesnt FIT the driver/ project mode for this guy! Some bad bondo, chipped glass, a few items wrong here and there, I would be listening to SOLD IT! SOLD IT! SOLD IT! FOR 27k on the B1:D I have bought and sold many cars over the years and you couldnt get close to that price by doing it yourself. Previous owner is probably down in THE BOTTOM of a bottle of PATRON after that sale:mad:

boss351BJ.jpgIf the rear spoiler is on backwards (hard to tell in the picture) that is just LAME. That only draws more attention to many other things that may have been done ass backwards. :rolleyes:

From this side picture there is no doubt - send the body man back to Autoshop.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the rear spoiler is on backwards (hard to tell in the picture) that is just LAME. That only draws more attention to many other things that may have been done ass backwards. :rolleyes:
Could not agree more...

If the rear spoiler is on backwards :rolleyes:
Most likely took it to a body shop full of rusty Camaros and Novas.

Some additional shots courtesy B/J auction house.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=45.2&aid=464

You can see the waves in the driver side quarter panel, wipers don't park, coil not mounted correctly, just a few issues spotted right away. They are very quick to tout about a #'s matching vehicle especially one as rare as this. I would suspect numbers don't match since there is no mention of it. So well bought... I think I would pass.

Side note there was a '70 Torino Cobra, N code 429 on Craigslist for $6200.00. Grabber Blue, not licensed for over 20 years, stored in a garage, runs and drives good, solid floors and trunk, light surface rust on the deck lid. Now that was well bought!! Sold in less than four hours... To bad I had to read about it during the fifth hour.

Back