Rusty Wallace Racing Experience

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 R code. I ordered the car new when I was 19 years old.
2012 Mustang Convertible
1996 BMW R1100RT with Hannigan Sidecar
1997 BMW K1100LT
1981 Honda CM400E
Last Christmas my kids bought me admission to the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience 15 lap shootout race. I just did it today and what a blast. It was on the 5/8 mile oval at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis. I must have gotten in a fairly slow group as I lapped all the other cars at least once in only 15 laps. They only have 5 or 6 cars on the track at a time. All in all it was a great time.

Racing1.jpg

Racing2.jpg

DSC03818.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

DSC03819.JPG

AWESOME! Rusty was my favorite drive 'til he retired (now it's Tony Stewart).

I'll bet it was a blast! Thanks for sharing.

Wow you actually got to race other cars that pretty cool!

My wife and kids got me a similar gift in 2002. 10 Laps at the Monster Mile in Dover Delaware in a Winston Cup Car. But they sent 2 cars out a time behind a pace car and you couldnt pass the other car but the faster you wanted to go the pace car would speed up if you were doing a good job? So me and my brother were the 1st to go he started in front of me. After 2 laps they pulled us back into the pits. The guy came up to my car and told me they were putting me in front cause I looked I could go faster. So we swapped positions and we head back out. The pace car kept going faster and faster and I kept right up on him! On lap 8 we were coming out of turn 4 and I saw another car in front of the pace car. It was my brother I had LAPPED him!! When we pulled back into the pits and I was getting out of the car the other people there were clapping and cheering!!! AND I WILL NEVER LET MY BROTHER GET OVER IT!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back