Hagerty Insurance?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 429 cu. in. C6 Auto
2007 Mustang GT Convertible 2002 Lincoln Continental
2006 Toyota Corolla S Type
2006 Honda Goldwing
Hello All, Once I get my pony back on all four's I'm going to get it tagged and insured. Im getting "Historic" tags for it. I've been with Allstate for the last 25 years so I'll be checking with them for insuring the car but I've also heard good things about Hagerty Insurance for classic cars also. I did a quick check on their website and can insure my Mach 1 for about $400 covering the car right now for $20k. Does anybody have experience with Hagerty (Pro's and Con's) or is there other companies out there that cover Classic's??

$400??? That sounds very high. I have mine insured for 15k and it is around $80 a year. They don't I sure daily drivers. I have only had good experience but have never had to file a claim. I have heard of others that have and they had good experiences.

80 BUCKS?!?!?! Maybe it has something to do with the area you live in. My 1st quote I accidently had VA instead of MD and it was more! And I do beleive they do insure daily drivers now! I think they just started doing it!

Last edited by a moderator:
That does sound high. Mine is $230 for $35,000 agreed value, with perks IE free towing (on a roll back) etc....................... its through a local company if you want more info pm me.

That does sound high. Mine is $230 for $35,000 agreed value, with perks IE free towing (on a roll back) etc....................... its through a local company if you want more info pm me.
HMMMMM! Guess I'll have to go back and make sure I have everything filled in correctly! If I need more info I'll hit you up on PM! Thanks!

HMMMMM! Guess I'll have to go back and make sure I have everything filled in correctly! If I need more info I'll hit you up on PM! Thanks!
Whatever you decide make sure it is an "AGREED" value. I think there are several threads on here about this subject also.

Just scroll down all the way to the bottom of this thread and it was show you like threads.

I would call them instead of doing it. I's the website. Maybe they can pick up on

Something that you might be missing causing it to come out so high.

When looking at insurance be just as concerned about their claims service and exactly what they're covering as you are about the price your paying. I've heard good things about Hagerty's claims service.

Have had Hagerty's for 3 years on the Chevelle and the 2 Machs. $25k on Chevy and $12k parts, no deductables 25 mile towing. $12K on both Machs and $12k parts (that's in case garage burns down) Staggared on Mach. I tell them every year how far along I am and we increase it accordingly. Started at $5K. Total for a year $286.

With any collector car insurance, read the usage restrictions. What you do not want is to be driving your car and find out that you are not covered because you didn't know what the insurance covered and didn't cover.

Also, do not accept reduced Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage of less than your liability limits. At least one collector car insurance refuses to write policies in compliance with Tennessee's requirement that at least equal limits be offered. If you are ever in an accident and injured by someone with state minimum limits, you will be thankful for this information.

Finally to everyone that reads this. Make sur you have enough coverage and higher UM/UIM limits than your state minimums. Talk to your agent about it and you will find it isn't that much more money and if you or a family member is hurt that additional coverage can be the difference in getting enough money to properly compensate you for your loss of earnings.

I hope I never have the privilege to represent anyone on this site, but I have done injury work for 20 years and UM/UIM insurance has made huge differences for those clients with serious injuries.

Taking my attorney hat back off as it is Sunday and I am going to go work on my car to get the stink of work off of me. ;)

With any collector car insurance, read the usage restrictions. What you do not want is to be driving your car and find out that you are not covered because you didn't know what the insurance covered and didn't cover.

Also, do not accept reduced Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage of less than your liability limits. At least one collector car insurance refuses to write policies in compliance with Tennessee's requirement that at least equal limits be offered. If you are ever in an accident and injured by someone with state minimum limits, you will be thankful for this information.

Finally to everyone that reads this. Make sur you have enough coverage and higher UM/UIM limits than your state minimums. Talk to your agent about it and you will find it isn't that much more money and if you or a family member is hurt that additional coverage can be the difference in getting enough money to properly compensate you for your loss of earnings.

I hope I never have the privilege to represent anyone on this site, but I have done injury work for 20 years and UM/UIM insurance has made huge differences for those clients with serious injuries.

Taking my attorney hat back off as it is Sunday and I am going to go work on my car to get the stink of work off of me. ;)
I'm in insurance claims management and I second Jeff's advice. All to often people just look at the price of the insurance...the wrong policy can be disastrous, if you're in an at fault accident where someone is seriously injured (or they claim to be), it can be life altering.

First they'll want to find out your policy limits, if that's not enough, they'll determine what assets you have so they know how much effort they want to put into going after you. The more you have to lose, the more coverage you should have.

Jim

I apologize, I was incorrect, it isn't $80 a year for my Mach 1 it is about $150. This is insured as a non daily driver, garage kept.

This is what Hagerty covers on my Mach 1

A: Bodily Injury: $100,000 Per Person $300,000 Per Accident

A: Property Damage: $50,000 Per Accident

B: Medical Payments: $5,000 Per Person/Per Accident

C: Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury: $100,000 Per Person $300,000 Per Accident

Covers the first 50 miles of emergency flatbed towing

Covers the first $100 of other roadside services like fuel delivery,

battery jumps and lockout service

AUTO SHOW MEDICAL REIMBURSEMENT

We will pay for reasonable expenses incurred for necessary medical and funeral services

because of “bodily injury” sustained by you and/or any “family member” caused by any

one non-automobile related accident while in attendance at an automobile show, vehicle

auction, or similar automobile-related event.

Limit of Liability

We will pay up to $5,000 for each person injured in any one accident. We will not pay

more than $10,000 for any one accident or series of accidents occurring during the policy

period, regardless of the number of:

a. persons insured; or

b. claims made.

We will pay only those expenses incurred for services rendered within one year from the

date of the accident.

All other policy provisions apply.

with a guaranteed replacement value of $15k. I am probably going to up it to $20k soon.

Whatever you decide make sure it is an "AGREED" value. I think there are several threads on here about this subject also.

Just scroll down all the way to the bottom of this thread and it was show you like threads.
definetly going with agreed value!

We will pay up to $5,000 for each person injured in any one accident. We will not pay

more than $10,000 for any one accident or series of accidents occurring during the policy

period, regardless of the number of:

a. persons insured; or

b. claims made.

We will pay only those expenses incurred for services rendered within one year from the

date of the accident.

All other policy provisions apply.

I read that again, "We will pay for reasonable expenses incurred for necessary medical and funeral services

because of “bodily injury” sustained by you and/or any “family member” caused by any

one non-automobile related accident". Not a bad coverage to have.

Sounds like that is the med pay only, which is okay if you and all your passengers have good health insurance.

Talk to your local agent about single limit policys-they cost a little more, but instead of 100K in coverage for you when you are alone it is 300K

Better yet look into an umbrella policy

Guys,

I have had Hagerty Insurance on my 1930 Ford Model A for almost 10 years and have nothing but good things to say about them. I unfortunately have had two claims, one for me being stupid (it gets us all occasionally) and one for a DB backing in to me at a stop sign. The claims were handled very quickly & professionally in every manner.

I have recently insured my 1973 Mach 1 as an in-construction project and as always found there pricing to be very competive & fair.

Always remember, the cost is often forgotten when the quality of service is golden !!!

Thanks, Jay

Back