reupholstering Deluxe interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertable
302 v2 FMX 2.79 rear end
My Comfortweave on the Drivers side is worn and starting to rip.

I found a place that has limited quantity of Comfortweave, they sent me a Sample its Identical to whats there now.

here is what I'm trining to figure out, How does the Aftermarket Deluxe seat reupholstey kits look compaired to the Original?

or should I just buy a couple of Yards and have the seats redone with the original Confortweave.

My interior code is ("CB", Med Blue Vinyl w/Comfortweave inserts)

Thanks

I have not seen the reproduction comfortweave, but if your trying to stay original you might try the original comfortweave material. Not sure how it would stand up in storage overtime. By the way, I have the same problem, just the drivers seat if bad. Do you know if they have any black comfortweave material.

I have the name of the place at home, I'll post it when I get home.

they have very limited quantity of comfort weave, the only issue I have is its $95 a yard.

Reproduction material is a " stamped / molded grain " on solid vinyl, fake comfortweave.

Original comfortweave is a woven material

Don

good to know its just comfortweave texture stamped on to a solid color vinyl, the orig comfortweave has 2 colors in it, a light blue and a medium blue.

maybe spending the extra $$ wont be as bad then, to get the original look.

Here is another vendor to consider. I just located them from a different forum group and have requested if they stock material for the Deluxe Interior as well.

Original Auto Interiors

7869 Trumble Rd.

Columbus, MI 48063

Phone 586-727-2486

http://www.originalauto.com/

Now I am confused. My Marti report indicates Black Sebring Knit for my trim code of "GA" which is the Deluxe Mach 1 interior. Is this Comfortweave under another name or a different material?

Last edited by a moderator:
the supplier I found was SMS

you fill the sample request form, and if they have your color they will send you a small sample swatch to compare it, and the price/availability.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/home.php
Good find, I requested a sample of the black comfort weave.

The after market deluxe seat upholstery, fake comfortweave, looks like this.

When I bought the car 6 years ago it still had the original Lambeth cloth.

I kept the passenger and rear seat set as they are in good condition.

If I can find a hank of Lambeth cloth.....

mike

HPIM2531.JPG

SMS Black comfortweave is pricey. But might be only game in town...

Be sure and request samples bkdunha. They might be quoting the new repro stuff.

Ray

bumping this thread.. I contacted Original Interior in Mi and they no longer had black comfortweave.

I'll have to give SMS a call after the Holiday.

Thinking of buying enough material for both front seats.. anyone know the yards needed per seat?

I've got the delux after market comfortweave on mine and although it looks great; when you compare it next to the original comfortweave, the original blows it away.

Just got my sample black comfortweave in today.. 125.00 a yard..

need to get my seats checked out and see if the splits can be repaired first. If not I'll be ordering some new stuff..

need to get my seats checked out and see if the splits can be repaired first. If not I'll be ordering some new stuff..
My passangers seat can be repaired, but the drivers side seat needs to get redone, the comfortweave comes in 54" wide, I hate to buy less then I need, but I hate to buy more then I need $$$$

My passangers seat can be repaired, but the drivers side seat needs to get redone, the comfortweave comes in 54" wide, I hate to buy less then I need, but I hate to buy more then I need $$$$
how do these tears compare to what you have? im hoping they are repairable.

here are my seats.. first is the passenger seat, torn in the seam..

Driver seat - torn in seat and seat back (back has two spots, one all the way above the lower tear)

Also while we're talking seats.. I see the flash shows how dirty they are.. whats the best way to clean comfortweave?

passenger :

hkvia.jpg

driver :

pjgMu.jpg

fdkL6.jpg

hmm while looking at the images there are areas standing out that look like they've been repaired already on the driver seat..

I think repairable, but like the upholsterer told me, its repairable, But its 40+ yrs old matrial!!!..

mine the drivers seat is just wornout, every seam is riped on the bottom part, and the Pass seat the Comfortweave has separated from the solid vinyl part.

Back