Vintage Pictures with 71/73 Mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande,
1973 MAch 1
Anyone have any old pictures of or with 71/73 Mustangs either as the subject or in the background that you can share. Maybe some of old newspaper articles or advertisements showing off the 71/73 Mustangs.

Kind of like the "where's Waldo" of shopping centers and street sides.

I think this will create a neat thread but I don't have any pictures to post and as we all well know:

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Nice Rex! Don't see too many with side stripes and a solid hood these days.

Good idea for a thread Steven.

Here's a few...

wkh3me.jpg

35i3b41.jpg

8wwbqb.jpg

zv040.jpg

11qisr7.jpg

Me and my 71 Grande back in 1990 after getting 1st place in the 69-73 Coupe class.I was 20 years old. I just moved to California and still had Connecticut plates on it and I got a trophy for furthest distance traveled. The Mustang show was 2 Blocks from my house.:D

image0-4.jpg

Here's some pics I took at a Mustang Owners Club of Australia (Melbourne, Victoria) concourse in around 1988 or 1989. Back then Left Hand Drive cars weren't allowed to be registered so 99% of the cars pictured are Right Hand Drive:

a7wJn.jpg

1XeOv.jpg

EU4Ld.jpg

vJ8Ac.jpg

ZEZT8.jpg

vecaW.jpg

And lastly a pic of my old 70 Mach 1 staring down at some 71/73's at the same event:

WWhzF.jpg

And here's one I stumbled across on eBay, somebody was selling it as an original photograph but I did a screen grab and got it for free...

oldphoto1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
as I have done in the past....in the ad Mustang. Its a personal thing ....that hot chickie in the bikini....she's pushing 70 now!!!! lollerz lollerz
I am so glad I am not the only one who thought that.

This is a postcard. It was either given to my oldest brother in 1983 when he purchased his reconditioned Chief EZ Liner machine or I picked it up in June of 1983 when he sent me to Toledo Ohio along with another one of his employees to go through the training class at the Chief training center.Its been in my tool box ever since then. I just went out got it and scanned it. I thinks it has a Boss 351 sticker on the fender but its hard to see, and by her attire i figured its from the early to mid 70's, just a guess.

2nl7mv8.jpg

uab7m.jpg

Here are a couple from Ford photo archives:

cleveland storage.jpg

Cleveland Engine storage

1971 Boss in production

imagesCAVLNDN7.jpg

Brochure Photos

71 brochure.jpg

0401-2326.jpg

0401-2799.jpg

First run of a new just delivered 1971

imagesCAYSY0AP.jpg

This is a postcard. It was either given to my oldest brother in 1983 when he purchased his reconditioned Chief EZ Liner machine or I picked it up in June of 1983 when he sent me to Toledo Ohio along with another one of his employees to go through the training class at the Chief training center.Its been in my tool box ever since then. I just went out got it and scanned it. I thinks it has a Boss 351 sticker on the fender but its hard to see, and by her attire i figured its from the early to mid 70's, just a guess.

2nl7mv8.jpg
The hood is blacked out like a Boss 351 and it looks like a chrome bumper. Anyone have a pewter Boss in Ohio?

11qisr7.jpg

I just love this one. You can tell by the outfit/hair/glasses that it is 'period correct'. The dog dish hub caps. The mis-matched tires (maybe snow tires in the back??). But the best part is the CB antenee. 10-4 good buddy!

I just took my CB antenna off a few years ago when I started my resto. I still have the CB bracket under the dash and have thought about putting it back on, but not yet!

Back