subframe connectors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang sportsroof - 351c 2v - fmx trans.
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that makes subframe connectors for the 71-73 mustang. I want to install a set on our 73 fastback. Thanks in advance.

There are a couple companies that make them. Not sure if our vendors (CJ Pony Parts and OMS) have them but I know they are available from Summit.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=1971%20mustang%20subframe%20connectors&dds=1

BT
I have the 'Global West Suspensions, P/N 911' on mine. Fit like a glove and clear everything just fine (except the forward U-bolt tabs on the insides of my old school Lakewood traction bars).

420200_375279279149663_878008030_n.jpg

Thanks guys, Eric those look pretty beefy, do they show underneath the car when looking at it from the side?, they look like they hang a little low?

They actually don't hang any lower than the front frame rail extensions under the front seats. As you can see, they mount to the outside of the frame rail extensions, with a solid 'U' bracket that welds on (that was the passenger side in my picture).

269310_457333177610939_1008943514_n.jpg

You can see how it mounts to the frame rail extension toward the bottom of the picture. It only rides something like 1/2" - 3/4" away from the floor pan... so, it really doesn't hang down that far at all. I know I can't see 'em when the car's on the ground.

Cool thanks man, those look real nice, I will definately be checking into those. I just read the 8 page thread on subframe connectors and feel pretty informed now. I installed them on an 87 lx and a 95 GT and they made a big difference, thanks again.

My wife used a set of Competition Engineering weld-in steel sub-frame connectors, 2” thin wall steel tubing.

DSCN1201.jpg

DSCN1203.jpg

Mocking up for cutting and welding.

mod360.jpg

Sub-frame connector welded in place. You can see where they intrude into the passenger compartment.

mod393.jpg

mod392.jpg

mod398.jpg

[align=left]

Great job denis
Thank you. However I didn't do the actual work. My wife's trusty mechanic (who builds and races his own drag cars) completed the work for her.[/align]

Wow - those turned out nice! I like how he welded directly to the floor pans as well. I'm assuming the car was on its wheels when he did that, otherwise things might feel a little different with the next drive.

Back