Top Loader 4 spd with hurst out of 72 HO

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philt

Reaction score
My Car
1972 R code Mach1. Being resto moded.
Out of a 1972 "R" Code. I'm changing it out for an aftermarket 6 speed. Tranny, drive shaft and Hurst shifter included. In perfect shape.

Make offers to my email.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Need pics and ID info from the metal tag on the case...

Yes - The Muncie would be correct for GM cars- late 60's thru mid 70's (I think). Had a '69 SS 396 Chevelle (1st car - drove it before I had my license) back around 73 or 74 with that transmission.

Wide Ratio top loader correct for the 72 351 HO cars.

Ray

Yes - The Muncie would be correct for GM cars- late 60's thru mid 70's (I think). Had a '69 SS 396 Chevelle (1st car - drove it before I had my license) back around 73 or 74 with that transmission.

Ray
You are probably right. Ill get the tag off the unit and post. Im hoping to offset the cost of the 6 speed and power train. It is the original tranny.

Ray
You are probably right. Ill get the tag off the unit and post. Im hoping to offset the cost of the 6 speed and power train. It is the original tranny.
2zjazkg.jpg

2q1xj5w.jpg

2ijs1w1.jpg

Better pic of the tag:

juwg7a.jpg

I have the Marti on this car too. Ill post that later in that area of the forum.

This is whats going in its place

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CMG-TUET11010/SuggestedParts/?prefilter=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Per the David Kee Topladers site, you have a:

RUG-BJ --- 1971 Mustang --- 351 CJ, Boss 351 --- wide (ratio) --- Before 12/1/71---

28-spline

Must be an early production car.

Asking $$$?

Per the David Kee Topladers site, you have a:

RUG-BJ --- 1971 Mustang --- 351 CJ, Boss 351 --- wide (ratio) --- Before 12/1/71---

28-spline

Must be an early production car.

Asking $$$?
Really not sure what its worth. I may be selling the entire drive trane out of the 72 R code to pay for the after market drivetrane

Must resist the 'buy it now' button... oh wait, whoo, there is no buy it now button.

Seriously, I often dream of going to a manual. Maybe one day.

What six speed are you going for?

Wonder how much is involved to swap this in place of my 3 spd? I wanted go 5spd but if I can find a 4spd for right price...ohh damn the wheels are spinning to fast in my head again.

How about a bottom dollar price with no shipping (local pickup up)?

I may be interested.

Must resist the 'buy it now' button... oh wait, whoo, there is no buy it now button.

Seriously, I often dream of going to a manual. Maybe one day.

What six speed are you going for?
http://americanpowertrain.com/

6 speed with Hydraulic clutch
I have the setup in my car well actually my car was used for the complete mock up on the hydraulic set up (so does this make mine an ultra rare test car:huh:) and I really like the setup. Have yo been dealing with Gray @ AmericanPowertrain? Super guy. If not would suggest asking for him if nothing else to introduce yourself he is one of the OWNERs, so not a bad person to know.

Yeah, killin' me too.

It's the only part that I would like to have in inventory that my car came OE with. (Car still has the pedals hanging but someone put a C6 in it).

Back