This sucks...broken down & stranded in Birmingham

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
On our way to Bristol, TN my excursion broke down Saturday. We (wife, 6 kids & myself) were pulling the boat up there for a week of camping & fishing when the X lost power and died. It & the boat are at the shop. They said it would be today before they could look at it. Well the days almost over and I don't think it's any closer to being fixed. :mad:

It's looking more & more like we will be aborting the TN vacation as we sit here doing nothing without transportation. :mad:

Anyone have any dynamite you don't need? I potentially have a good use for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang! That sucks, man. Hope they get it back together and back on the road to salvage SOMETHING out of the trip.

Good luck!

Ah man that sucks. hope you can get it fixed and back on the road soon. Thats what I love about our cars. A small socket set a few screw drivers and some other odds and ends and we can be back on the road. Good luck hope your vacation doesn't get spoiled.:-/

Sounds like a nightmare. Sorry that you are in that situation. Hopefully they'll get it fixed today. Chuck

Make the best of it - somehow?

We went to leave last Monday to go up to the Bullhead City, Az. area to visit with the church I started and enjoy the 4th in the Hualapai Mountains. Got up early to move the church van out of the way to drive the pickup and the van refused to start. Some quick ideas on how to get the van out of our inclined one throat driveway and we were on our way.

It may not be what you planned but Providence interveens and good can still somehow come out of the whole mess. Personally I really dislike breakdowns ..

One of my wife's good friends live in Alabaster & we are crashing on their living room floor until the X gets fixed. It is a diesel 6.0L that has had ARP studs in the head, new head gaskets & egr delete kit. It has a loss of power with blue smoke. It also sounds like there is some fluid in the cylinder when cranking...I.e. hard cranking with intermittant immediate stoppage during the cranking like well there is fluid in the cylinder. Codes show the FICM (fuel injector computer) failure code and a failure code for all 8 injectors. It could be the FICM only or something upstream throwing codes for all systems downstream. Tomorrow morning they plann to pull the glow plugs to investigate each cylinder for coolant.

Bobby, if I'm still here Saturday just shoot me! Just kidding, however, I would like to check out the show. I also brought a few of my guns & we can talk 1911.

One of my wife's good friends live in Alabaster & we are crashing on their living room floor until the X gets fixed. It is a diesel 6.0L that has had ARP studs in the head, new head gaskets & egr delete kit. It has a loss of power with blue smoke. It also sounds like there is some fluid in the cylinder when cranking...I.e. hard cranking with intermittant immediate stoppage during the cranking like well there is fluid in the cylinder. Codes show the FICM (fuel injector computer) failure code and a failure code for all 8 injectors. It could be the FICM only or something upstream throwing codes for all systems downstream. Tomorrow morning they plann to pull the glow plugs to investigate each cylinder for coolant.

Bobby, if I'm still here Saturday just shoot me! Just kidding, however, I would like to check out the show. I also brought a few of my guns & we can talk 1911.
My buddies f350 just had similar head problems. He has the 6.0. he had the heads rebuilt new glow plugs and a few other things. cost him an arm and a leg..... around 4800!!! Hope thats not your case. Have heard lots of bad stuff about the 6.0's heads. They shoulda stuck with the 7.3. Good luck i hope all works out for you.

My buddies f350 just had similar head problems. He has the 6.0. he had the heads rebuilt new glow plugs and a few other things. cost him an arm and a leg..... around 4800!!! Hope thats not your case. Have heard lots of bad stuff about the 6.0's heads. They shoulda stuck with the 7.3. Good luck i hope all works out for you.
The 7.3 is definitely a good engine. The 6.0 can be a great engine if the owner spends the large bills to do the things Ford should have done to it.

It's not so bad crashing her at the friend's house but i feel like we are imposing on her family in a huge way. So far we are all still having fun. Sucks though that our TN vacation is slowly disappearing and morphing into camp Kelly's living room.

The 7.3 is definitely a good engine. The 6.0 can be a great engine if the owner spends the large bills to do the things Ford should have done to it.

It's not so bad crashing her at the friend's house but i feel like we are imposing on her family in a huge way. So far we are all still having fun. Sucks though that our TN vacation is slowly disappearing and morphing into camp Kelly's living room.
Yeah I'm never gonna get rid of that windshield before it gets broke:angel:

Yeah I'm never gonna get rid of that windshield before it gets broke:angel:
Lol! My next scheduled trip back home is Thanksgiving. ;) and this trip isn't completely scrubbed just yet. I still have hope!

Back