twin turbo for 351c??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Has anyone seen any kits or heard of anyone putting a twin turbo set up on the clevelands? I have seen alot of setups for the windsors but havent seen anything for our clevelands. Seems like everyone out there is going with the turbo set up. Seems like a cheap way to get some good horspower. I always thought it would be fun to install a twin turbo and intercooler on our cars. Seems like there would be sufficient room under the hood with out having to cut it all up. What have you guys seen out there??

Seems like a cheap way to get some good horspower.
Oh boy, I have quite a bit of Turbo setups on previous cars and I will say its not cheap even when they come charged from.the factory. This would require a lot of Fab work and piping and then all the add ons people don't think about can cost 1000's. In the end a Turbo is best way to get crazy power and be able to tune it for your needs.

Probably easier route for forced induction would be a super charger.

Forced induction adds a set of considerations. You are heating the air as you compress it and the additional volume of air increases your overall compression so preignition detonation becomes and issue.

Like any other build if you want to go forced induction it is best to plan it as a package. Your cam choices will be different, pistons, heads, etc.

Yeah alot of things seems to go into the turbo setup. I would really enjoy the fab work of plumbing everything. And building brackets but the cost may start to sky rocket.. They have a twin turbo setup for 351 w on ebay for 1200. didnt seem too bad. My motor is low compression build so it would be good candidate for it. Well it was just a thought for something different to do. Thanks for the input guys.

Probably easier route for forced induction would be a super charger.

Forced induction adds a set of considerations. You are heating the air as you compress it and the additional volume of air increases your overall compression so preignition detonation becomes and issue.

Like any other build if you want to go forced induction it is best to plan it as a package. Your cam choices will be different, pistons, heads, etc.
{thumbs up} I always been a bigger fan of the super charger...It makes more power for the price..,,Makes up for any loss of hp threw the belt drive thats for sure...lol...Its somtimes cheaper and easier too set up....I think...Better bang for the buck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superchargers are great. Everyone should have at least one in their lifetime.

Big old 671 stickin' thru the hood and snapping the snout off the crank from all the horsepower it takes to turn it at 8000 rpm and then a big old fireball trashing everything in the engine compartment .

Yep blowers are the way to go.

Back