Greetings from Monterey California

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351, FMX, A/C (well, parts of it anyways!)
1971 Mach 1, 351, FMX
1965 Convertible, 289, 4-speed
Hello All,

Just taking a moment to introduce myself. I've been a Mustang owner since 1975, first one was a 65 hardtop that I put together. Still have my 65 convertible (since 1981). I had a 73 Mach I back in the late 70's and always hated that I sold that one. Great driving car for a guy 6'4"!

About 10 days ago I was driving to work and spotted a 73 convertible parked by the road. My first thought was "Boy, wished that was for sale". 2 seconds later I saw the For Sale sign and did the fast U-turn. She was a mess, VERY dirty, running rough and terrible brakes. But pretty much all there. Made the deal that day and had her home before the Mrs. arrived.

Now the work and fun are beginning. I'll contribute when I can but I have lots of questions too since I really haven't had to tear into one of the 71-73 before.

Best wishes,

Monterey

Welcome to the site from another 6"4" 73 Mustang Convertible owner. Plenty of headroom in those convertibles!

Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about your convertible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from Virginia. Sounds like a nice project. You have found the best place for information and help with your new ride. The guys here seem to know everything about these cars.

Take some time to check out our member map as well. A lot of Cali members here as well.

Cheers.

Daniel

Welcome to the site from another 6"4" 73 Mustang Convertible owner. Plenty of headroom in those convertibles!

Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about your convertible.
Thanks guys for the nice comments. I've noticed that there are a couple of places to post tech questions, 71-73 Mustang Talk has over 17K posts and many are technical questions. The Tech Forums seem to have less. Where's the best place to post tech questions (I've got a few!).

Also being 6'4 don't you wish the seat went back just a bit further or you could recline it? I've got to figure out how to do that. I would have sworn my 73 Mach had more leg room.

Monterey

Monterrey...too bad you don't live somewhere that would take advantage of all a convertible has to offer.

Good luck to you. Not an employee of SYNERGETICS by any chance?

Welcome from washington state....And i know how it feels...before i paid for my car from my dad as a teen...I was so worried i would be too tall for the car i always wanted..Im 6'5"..I sat in the drivers seat....To my relief i fit just perfict...Any taller and i would hit the celing...lol.....Never drive a 80's mazda rx7!! My head was stuck threw the sunroof...and every time i turned the wheel ,my hands got pinned between my legs and the wheel....It was a tall persons nightmare!! never again...lol...nice looking convert you have there...lots of folks on here with ton of info and very helpfull....You get a marti report for her? What kinda options she got?

::welcome:: from Mustang, Oklahoma. Is your wife letting you sleep inside? If she is, keep her. :p Chuck

Monterrey...too bad you don't live somewhere that would take advantage of all a convertible has to offer.

Good luck to you. Not an employee of SYNERGETICS by any chance?
I'm planning on heading to Bakersfield to try out the convertible. Should be nice and cool over there! :cool:

Nope, not employed by them...

::welcome:: From San Diego.
Ah, loved San Diego. Used to live in Dana Point for about 9 years. See you at Coronado!

Welcome from washington state....And i know how it feels...before i paid for my car from my dad as a teen...I was so worried i would be too tall for the car i always wanted..Im 6'5"..I sat in the drivers seat....To my relief i fit just perfict...Any taller and i would hit the celing...lol.....Never drive a 80's mazda rx7!! My head was stuck threw the sunroof...and every time i turned the wheel ,my hands got pinned between my legs and the wheel....It was a tall persons nightmare!! never again...lol...nice looking convert you have there...lots of folks on here with ton of info and very helpfull....You get a marti report for her? What kinda options she got?
Marti report on order. I know it's got the 351 2v and a/c but beyond that I'm not sure. I'm curious if the ram air system on there was original. If not, I'm still keeping the NACA hood. Just looks great that way to me.

Welcome from west Michigan! We love convertibles around here. I moved my seats back 3 inches (6'3") it made a world of difference.
Jeff, how in the heck did you do it? New rails? Redrill the floorplan? Inquiring minds want to know!!! Seriously!!! :huh:

::welcome:: from Mustang, Oklahoma. Is your wife letting you sleep inside? If she is, keep her. :p Chuck
I managed to sneak the new girl into the garage (her parking space!) before she got home. For some reason she didn't see the humor!

:D Wait, you said keep her. The car or the wife?!?

Welcome from coastal Alabama! This is a great site!

Tech questions? Eh, post them wherever...everyone else does. You can start posting them in the tech section and maybe everyone one else will catch on. Heh heh.

You can start posting them in the tech section and maybe everyone one else will catch on. Heh heh.
Don't tell him that! Now we'll never find anything. rofl

Welcome from West Texas from a 6'5"-er. I had to replace the floor pans in mine, and just decided to weld the new seat platforms on 2" rearward - it IS my car, after all. ;)

::welcome:: from Southern MD. Sounds like your gonna have some fun gettin your new Stang up and running!

Welcome from coastal Alabama! This is a great site!

Tech questions? Eh, post them wherever...everyone else does. You can start posting them in the tech section and maybe everyone one else will catch on. Heh heh.
Nice 1911! :salute:

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back