Heat riser for headers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
This is how you spend 6 hours when you just want the look. The old heat riser I got from Don at OMS (I didn't ruin a good piece, the part I didn't need was rusted to zero). Chuck

IMG_0544.JPG

This is how you spend 6 hours when you just want the look. The old heat riser I got from Don at OMS (I didn't ruin a good piece, the part I didn't need was rusted to zero). Chuck
Wow....is the paint dry yet?

As a few spots pointed out earlier, sometimes it seems we had a wasted day. Finished product you can smile at....priceless! No matter how long it took.

Wow....is the paint dry yet?
Yes it is. It may be a bit silly but I wanted the riser. Now I just need to find the 1 and 7/8 inch black paper covered aluminum flexible hose to go on it. Chuck

Yes it is. It may be a bit silly but I wanted the riser. Now I just need to find the 1 and 7/8 inch black paper covered aluminum flexible hose to go on it. Chuck

I searched long and hard for that heat riser not rusted, ended up finding one great shape on eBay, just needed sanding and paint. I paid $80.00 for it and the black paper covered aluminum hose, the hear riser bolted right but the hose was about 1" short, it's 9"s long I need a 10" for my ram air on the 71. The seller said the 9" was the standard size but just wouldn't snug on, on my set up. Found another hose on Ebay that was long enough for $20.00. If you think the 9" one I have will fit yours, PM with the address you want it mailed to, it's the least I can do for all the advise you've provided.

Jim

heatriser.jpgHose.jpgIMG_2888.JPG

I truly appreciate the offer. I think I'll just wait for the outfit to get the item back in stock because I need to order some other items as well. Your picture triggered what I think is a memory! It seems like there was a crimp clamp on the snorkel end of that hose. I hope I'm wrong cause I've never seen them in anyone's catalog. Thanks again for the offer. Chuck

I truly appreciate the offer. I think I'll just wait for the outfit to get the item back in stock because I need to order some other items as well. Your picture triggered what I think is a memory! It seems like there was a crimp clamp on the snorkel end of that hose. I hope I'm wrong cause I've never seen them in anyone's catalog. Thanks again for the offer. Chuck
It fits on pretty snug so not sure a crimp clamp is needed but makes sense it would have one.

If anyone else needs this hose and 9" will fit your set up, PM me, no charge, not looking to sell it just want to find it a good home, I'll never use it and they can be hard to find.

Jim

It fits on pretty snug so not sure a crimp clamp is needed but makes sense it would have one.

If anyone else needs this hose and 9" will fit your set up, PM me, no charge, not looking to sell it just want to find it a good home, I'll never use it and they can be hard to find.

Jim
Now I'm not sure. I have a ram air I'm installing. Tell you what, if it doesn't fit(and it may be a year before we find out) I'll pass it along in the same manner. PM sent

Now I'm not sure. I have a ram air I'm installing. Tell you what, if it doesn't fit(and it may be a year before we find out) I'll pass it along in the same manner. PM sent

Jeff, sounds like a good plan, got your PM, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

Jim

Hi,looks nice! Do you have a pic installed on the header?

For anyone looking just got some more Ford tubes back in 19.95 each

Let me know

Don

Jeff, sounds like a good plan, got your PM, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

Jim

Got it today. Thanks! Now I just need to find a hot tube riser as well!! (SEE WHAT YOU STATRED) :p

Hi,looks nice! Do you have a pic installed on the header?
The tube I just ordered today. Here are 2 pics installed minus the tube. Chuck

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

mm mmmm. Can almost taste the smell of new paint being cured from the heat of an exhaust manifold....

Back