Another one gone for ever. Update. it´s on Ebay with pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hi guys,

I found this on an German newspaper.

A 20 year old and his 20 year old passenger were only lightly injured when they crashed their 72 Mustang convertible sideways into a tree on the wet road on July 13th.

The article sais that debris was scattered all around the site of the impact.

I find it quite interesting that they were only lightly injured, given the way the car looks. Seems like the safety improvements they introduced in 1971 did make some sense after all.

Edit. Here´s the link to the Ebay auction:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ford-Mustang-Convertible-Cabrio-1972-Automatik-V8-5-L-302-cui-H-Kennzeichen-/190711128088?pt=Automobile&hash=item2c6744e018

IMG_1963.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Life flight in the background?
Seems like after what the place (and the car) looked like, with the debris all around the place, they thought a chopper was needed before they found out that the guys were not severely hurt.

The article mentions the chopper but does not say that they were flown to a hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be the correct name for that color...I like it
The color is gold glow metallic 6F. It's not my favorite color but it looks good with the gold on the rims.

The car was very similar to my own with almost the same specs.

72 vert with a 302, FMX, 3:00 axle (although mine is locking and this one is conventional), white deluxe interior with comfort weave vinyl, appearance protection package etc.

I can hardly believe after seeing how the car is bent and twisted that the occupants were only lightly injured.

I also wonder how far the bidding will go as I don't think that there are many usable parts on that car left.

On the other hand, we don't have cars like that one in junk yards, so when we need, say a rear axle with housing we will search for ever and getting one from the US is out of question because of the shipping. So I think that it will go up a little after all.

Been thinking of bidding on it myself but I don't need the parts and I got nowhere to park it.

And, given my luck, I'll have a bunch of parts here and the only ones breaking on my car will be the ones I don't have in stock, so I'll pass.

:)

What would be the correct name for that color...I like it
The color is gold glow metallic 6F. It's not my favorite color but it looks good with the gold on the rims.

The car was very similar to my own with almost the same specs.

72 vert with a 302, FMX, 3:00 axle (although mine is locking and this one is conventional), white deluxe interior with comfort weave vinyl, appearance protection package etc.

I can hardly believe after seeing how the car is bent and twisted that the occupants were only lightly injured.

I also wonder how far the bidding will go as I don't think that there are many usable parts on that car left.

On the other hand, we don't have cars like that one in junk yards, so when we need, say a rear axle with housing we will search for ever and getting one from the US is out of question because of the shipping. So I think that it will go up a little after all.

Been thinking of bidding on it myself but I don't need the parts and I got nowhere to park it.

And, given my luck, I'll have a bunch of parts here and the only ones breaking on my car will be the ones I don't have in stock, so I'll pass.

:)
Thanks Luxstang...Gold glow metallic looks very nice!!

Back