71 boss going to Florida

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksschraml

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 351 2v
68 Firebird 455 4bbl
2012-07-23 15.27.41.jpg2012-07-23 15.33.32.jpg2012-07-23 15.31.03.jpg2012-07-23 15.29.34.jpg2012-07-23 15.27.06.jpgA car hauler stopped by my work today to pick up a car and he had this on the back the driver let me climb up and look it over, he said someone bought it in Kansas city and its on its way to Florida. I put a post-it on the dash with go to 7173mustangs.com hope to see them on the site soon! The car was in great shape and looked original. Here are some pics!2012-07-23 15.26.44.jpg

We need photos of the Emissions Stickers!!!!

That looks really original. Appears to be the original coil.

The oil dipstick looked really tempting....

Lots of Mustang sales appearing on the forum lately. Too bad my garage, driveway and street are full.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish that was heading to my garage! I saw one identical too it near where I am from in WV. The house was for sale but the car wasn't. The guy had lost his license due to a DUI and was selling everything but the Boss.

We need photos of the Emissions Stickers!!!!

That looks really original. Appears to be the original coil.

The oil dipstick looked really tempting....

Lots of Mustang sales appearing on the forum lately. Too bad my garage, driveway and street are full.
Wish I would have taken more pics but I didn't have much time. the driver started it for us, sounds ok just didn't like the exhaust (cherry bombs)it had some weird exhaust hangers I don't think they were stock. hope the new owner joins the site I wanna know more about this car!!2012-07-23_15.28.39 (1).jpg

Wow I think I just found this car on ebay it sold for $30.000 here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649&item=170867811256&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#v4-40

I posted this car on the site when it hit eBay....

I bid on it. I lost

Wish that was heading to my garage! I saw one identical too it near where I am from in WV. The house was for sale but the car wasn't. The guy had lost his license due to a DUI and was selling everything but the Boss.
The Boss might've been worth more than the rest...:s

Decent car. I sure like the exhaust cutouts but they are not correct for the Boss1.

Otherwise the back looks nice with correct gas cap.

Wolv- are you needing emission stickers off the cowl for all cars?

Ray

If that car hauler wants to drop off this bad Boss on my doorstep here in Florida, I wouldn't reject it or even have to think it over! But, alas, some other fortunate 1971-1973 Mustang lover in Florida will see this Boss coming into his drive way! Sure gets the juices going doesn't it!

Did the driver tell you what town in Florida it was headed to?
Yep ole pony he said he was taking it to Miami but i don't know if that is the final destination. He had 4 cars + the one he picked up from us all going to Florida.

Did the driver tell you what town in Florida it was headed to?
Yep ole pony he said he was taking it to Miami but i don't know if that is the final destination. He had 4 cars + the one he picked up from us all going to Florida.
I'll keep an eye out for it.
You can stake out I95 and wait for it to come by! :D

Decent car. I sure like the exhaust cutouts but they are not correct for the Boss1.

Otherwise the back looks nice with correct gas cap.

Wolv- are you needing emission stickers off the cowl for all cars?

Ray
I am seeking PHOTOS of ORIGINAL emission stickers for 2 reasons:

1. The specification book(at least for 1971) does not provide timing information, and refers to the emission sticker.

2. I would like to verify the aftermarket stickers sold are in fact correct.

I understand those who modify their motors find this information irrelevant. But those of use who want to duplicate the original performance etc. would like a good "standard" to start from.

Thanks for asking.

james

You want to see the emissions sticker from a Boss 351? IR just any 71 unrestored?

Back