Quick Question About Storage

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 coupe
1998 mustang
1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R
hey guys, Things are really picking up for summer at my business and I have a vacation coming up. This summer is so dang hot that after working in the 100 degree heat all day long I'm just too tired to turn wrenches again at home. I'm going to put off more work for about 2 months while I need to focus on my shop/management.

Being I put new carb on the car I was just going to disconnect the fuel and let it run the fuel out the carb. Is this a good idea or no? I don't wan to take the chance of today's fuel eating up gaskets or so forth just sitting in there. I thought about just starting it every week or so and let it warm up and then just shut it off.

Any opinions?

I just need it to cool down and get my busy season done with before i can devote a lot of time right now.

I would start it up once and a while

x3 Start it at least every two weeks and run it til it reaches operating temperature. This helps remove condensation from the engine and exhaust system.

Also consider a fuel stabilizer additive.

A carb that sits dry seems as prone to problems as one that sits "wet"

I hear you on the heat, I mainly work on my car between 10pm and 10 am for the same reasons.

OK seems like I will just try to start it every week or so. This Virginia weather is crazy.

And 10pm I'm in bed getting rested for the next hot day ahead. By time Sunday rolls around I figure God rested on the 7th and so do I.

OK seems like I will just try to start it every week or so. This Virginia weather is crazy.

And 10pm I'm in bed getting rested for the next hot day ahead. By time Sunday rolls around I figure God rested on the 7th and so do I.
There ya go:)

Agree with the other comments above. I also include the fuel stabilizer. I like to move the car a bit just to keep the tires from sitting in the same spot for an extended period. I also ait them up to around 45 pounds to avoid any flat spotting.

Agree with the other comments above. I also include the fuel stabilizer. I like to move the car a bit just to keep the tires from sitting in the same spot for an extended period. I also ait them up to around 45 pounds to avoid any flat spotting.
Two tires stay flat I have to pump them up to move the car. I got new wheels and tyres just something else I need to go pick up. They are 45 mins away from me and I don't have the time right now. So I'm not going to be moving the car for about 2 months it will probably be sometime september /October before I do anymore major work to it. That might change but I know for a fact the next 4 to 6 weeks are going to be crazy right now. I'm going to the mountains for a getaway from everything in life right now already got the "jet boat" rented and all. Should be fun..I just hope their definition of a jet boat isn't and 150 outboard with a cam haha. Anyways I appreciate all the advice I just didn't want to something to happen with all the work I have done to get it running and moving. And the brake work. I plan to get a new fuel pump and line from pump to Carb then clean out the other line and freshen up my fuel tank. What stabalizer do you guys recommend?

Two tires stay flat I have to pump them up to move the car. I got new wheels and tyres just something else I need to go pick up. They are 45 mins away from me and I don't have the time right now. So I'm not going to be moving the car for about 2 months it will probably be sometime september /October before I do anymore major work to it. That might change but I know for a fact the next 4 to 6 weeks are going to be crazy right now. I'm going to the mountains for a getaway from everything in life right now already got the "jet boat" rented and all. Should be fun..I just hope their definition of a jet boat isn't and 150 outboard with a cam haha. Anyways I appreciate all the advice I just didn't want to something to happen with all the work I have done to get it running and moving. And the brake work. I plan to get a new fuel pump and line from pump to Carb then clean out the other line and freshen up my fuel tank. What stabalizer do you guys recommend?

Two months isn't all that bad. I recommend Sta-bil. It works well and is very easy to find (at least where i live). Plus it's got a great reputation, so that's a pretty safe bet. Fill the tank with premium fuel and add the correct amount of stabilizer. Run the car for a few minutes to get the fuel mix through the system. That should take care of it.

I go with Sea Foam. It helps with the Ethnol content as well. Try and fill the tank to avoid to much empty space for condensation on the inside of the tank. Run it until you get to operating temp to circulate gas mix into carb and bowls.

I've been using Sta-bil Marine, it's the blue one, it also helps with the ethnol.

HI Everyone. It's been a few months but between work and those really hot days I just could not wear myself out on the mustang. So I just cranked it back up yesterday and fired right up first turn with some fresh gas. I am going to clean/replace/inspect fuel tank and get some good tires on her. Then I can drive it. Next will be putting mufflers on it so it doesn't sound like a drag car.

Back