Got the Wifey a New Caravan!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Just picked up a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan last night! Nice ride...lots of options and 283 HP!! She's never gonna let me drive it! LOL

28ivyw5.jpg

258s4tu.jpg

283hp in a mini van, thats funny because my moms vette only has 300hp. Amazing how far we have come
Yes, I was kinda shocked! It has the new Pentastar 3.6 V6 engine. Seems like a nice little powerplant! My Cobalt SS only has 200hp (but it's 1000 lbs lighter...LOL)

I have changed oil in some of those..I believe it is a 4.0

The 4.0 v6 In my frontier I added a hushpuupy exhuast and a volant intake and I'm almost 310 at the rear wheels on dyno. 307 ftlb torque.

With the 6 speed manual I can put once respectful cars to shame and get 23mpg in a crew cab truck. My mom in law drove it and said damn I thought my gt was fast. She has a 05 get btw.

Its crazy how far we have come with small power plants. I always said if I had to drive a minivan it would be the new Dodge caravan.:p

uploadfromtaptalk1343405426810.jpg

verry nice minivan !!! , wish i could buy one in the Netherlands.

You could buy them in the Netherlands but you have to bring serious $$$$$.

JB

LOL...I just found out that the sliding door windows actually go down! I've had a few older vans through the years, but that is a first! Very cool!:cool:

Some of them dodge caravans are fast!! My cousin and i ran into one with brown fake wood down the side...And we was in his 2000 jetta gt...Pretty much only a year or 2 old....He was showing how fast it was too me..And it was a very quick car...So we take off from the stop light burning tire and not even thinking about the van next too us...he hits second and curps the tires...he goes for 3rd and a little tiny churp...We look over and that dodge caravan is passing us!! I had big tears runing down my face from laughing so hard...Cause his jetta was no slouch...And we got trashed by a dodge with some sleeper goodies under the hood...lol....I seen the same van next year runing a 12 sec quarter mile at the drag strip...Talk about a sleeper!!...After that he sold the jetta and he got a 2003 mach 1...lol

We had one back in the 90s. It has a 93 Grand caravan. It was fine until the paint started falling off and the transmission went bad. It was great on gas for a vehicle of it's size. We would consistently get 27 mpg on the highway. We also bought a new Plymouth Voyager in 85. It was a 4 cylinder and got worse mileage than the 93 Dodge with a V6. They have really improved them over the years. The last time I drove one of those it was a Town and Country and ended up with a bad result. It was my sisters Van and I totalled it.

DSC02331.JPG

DSC02346.JPG

Some of them dodge caravans are fast!! My cousin and i ran into one with brown fake wood down the side...And we was in his 2000 jetta gt...Pretty much only a year or 2 old....He was showing how fast it was too me..And it was a very quick car...So we take off from the stop light burning tire and not even thinking about the van next too us...he hits second and curps the tires...he goes for 3rd and a little tiny churp...We look over and that dodge caravan is passing us!! I had big tears runing down my face from laughing so hard...Cause his jetta was no slouch...And we got trashed by a dodge with some sleeper goodies under the hood...lol....I seen the same van next year runing a 12 sec quarter mile at the drag strip...Talk about a sleeper!!...After that he sold the jetta and he got a 2003 mach 1...lol
Can't speak for the newer dodges 07+ but the prior ones had tons of trans issues. Plus the one you mention may have been awd. They are hard to find but yes they can make a sleeper. If someone strips the interior and limo tints the windows you could be shocked.

We had one back in the 90s. It has a 93 Grand caravan. It was fine until the paint started falling off and the transmission went bad. It was great on gas for a vehicle of it's size. We would consistently get 27 mpg on the highway. We also bought a new Plymouth Voyager in 85. It was a 4 cylinder and got worse mileage than the 93 Dodge with a V6. They have really improved them over the years. The last time I drove one of those it was a Town and Country and ended up with a bad result. It was my sisters Van and I totalled it.
Major suckage there

JB

[

Can't speak for the newer dodges 07+ but the prior ones had tons of trans issues. Plus the one you mention may have been awd. They are hard to find but yes they can make a sleeper. If someone strips the interior and limo tints the windows you could be shocked.
Ohhh yes..this i know...My cousin had a 99ish caravan...trans went out..then relacement trans went out..then replacements replacement went out..then he sold it...lol

No way in hell it was stock...But it sure looked stock and didnt sound bad ass....But when i seen his jetta GT get a 3rd gear scratch and that white van with wood on the side pulling away from us like he was in a new corvette...wow..i still wonder what the hell he had going on under there...lol

It was just like this one...lol...Eating up a 90's camaro...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

JB

[

Ohhh yes..this i know...My cousin had a 99ish caravan...trans went out..then relacement trans went out..then replacements replacement went out..then he sold it...lol

No way in hell it was stock...But it sure looked stock and didnt sound bad ass....But when i seen his jetta GT get a 3rd gear scratch and that white van with wood on the side pulling away from us like he was in a new corvette...wow..i still wonder what the hell he had going on under there...lol

He probably had a turbo 2.2L or 2.5L. Those things are a sleeper motor in a sleeper van. All of the turbo mopars from the 80s and 90s were pretty quick and with the advancement of turbo technology they are easier to make quicker now.

Don't mind me, I'm just a closet mopar guy. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan last night! Nice ride...lots of options and 283 HP!! She's never gonna let me drive it! LOL
Congrats. Nice looking rig.

Can you tow with it & how much weight?

My 73 coupe in not the only thing we drive. My kids love the Stang, but for daily driving with the kids, we bought a 2011 Chrysler T&C. Best vehicle for the family drive. I also have an 02 Cadillac STS, great car and cheap!

Back