Hello from Arkansas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fomoco

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach1
I have a 73 Mach 1 H code that I'm currently restoring. I bought it out of an old school junk yard. My car and a Pinto were the only "late models" he had. We had to cut down a tree and move a '56 Victoria just to get it out. My friends and coworkers all laughed and made fun of the pictures of the "rust bucket" I had bought. I have been told that "those" Mustangs are not worth a rotisserie restoration. Nobody around here has ever restored one. I have no local references, regarding the big body Stangs. I hope this forom will provide me some insight and help, cause I'm going in really deep. I have labeled and bagged every thing I took off. I have parts stored everywhere. This car had some cool old school mods, fat 60's on the rear, and air shocks. It is a real Mach, factory air, and 8 track. Car came Medium Blue Metallic. I got the car it was 95% complete. The resent pics show front clip off and no motor or tranny. The older pics are either junk yard or the day I brought her home. Check out the stripes, they fade from white to black. That was a later upgrade, not a dealer option. A paint shop did that. Anyway, glad to have found this forom, hope to get some advice from you guys. Does anyone make any cowl parts for the 71-73. I have a piece I need to replace, I think they call it the top hat. Looks like a upside down funnel and there are two inside the cowl area, drivers side and pass side. Keeps the water out of the floor board yet allows air to flow in. One of mine is trashed. Thanks for reading. Glad to be here.

028.JPG

029.JPG

disc 2 030.JPG

disc 2 163.JPG

disc 2 227.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Chesapeake, VA love the 73! Good luck

Welcome from Indiana, you wrote...

"My friends and coworkers all laughed and made fun of the pictures of the "rust bucket" I had bought. I have been told that "those" Mustangs are not worth a rotisserie restoration. Nobody around here has ever restored one."

You wont here that around here just encouragement, "virtual" high fives when you have accomplished something and advice if you ask for it. as far as the cowl goes there are several threads on that by "various artists". Glad you found us. Oh and by the way keep those pics coming we love them.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome from NW Arkansas. Glad to see a fellow arkansan, enjoy the site...And remember a lot of cars worth big bucks were crushed because people didn't think they would ever be worth anything. These cars are climbing in price everyday

Welcome to the group from west Michigan. Best wishes on the project it looks like a good solid car!

I wish I had more space... I want that mid 60s F100 next to your stang in the boneyard. I'd love to do an old truck sometime.

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg/Europe.

Keep us posted on the progress of your car. We love pics here. :)

::welcome:: from NY and happy to see another 71-73 mustang getting put back on the road

Welcome from West TN. Whereabouts in AR are you. You will see on the member map that you have some friends in the area to help out and this forum has very knowledgeable folks to provide guidance.

Never mind found the earlier post for Texarkana

I have a 73 Mach 1 H code that I'm currently restoring. I bought it out of an old school junk yard. My car and a Pinto were the only "late models" he had. We had to cut down a tree and move a '56 Victoria just to get it out. My friends and coworkers all laughed and made fun of the pictures of the "rust bucket" I had bought. I have been told that "those" Mustangs are not worth a rotisserie restoration. Nobody around here has ever restored one. I have no local references, regarding the big body Stangs. I hope this forom will provide me some insight and help, cause I'm going in really deep. I have labeled and bagged every thing I took off. I have parts stored everywhere. This car had some cool old school mods, fat 60's on the rear, and air shocks. It is a real Mach, factory air, and 8 track. Car came Medium Blue Metallic. I got the car it was 95% complete. The resent pics show front clip off and no motor or tranny. The older pics are either junk yard or the day I brought her home. Check out the stripes, they fade from white to black. That was a later upgrade, not a dealer option. A paint shop did that. Anyway, glad to have found this forom, hope to get some advice from you guys. Does anyone make any cowl parts for the 71-73. I have a piece I need to replace, I think they call it the top hat. Looks like a upside down funnel and there are two inside the cowl area, drivers side and pass side. Keeps the water out of the floor board yet allows air to flow in. One of mine is trashed. Thanks for reading. Glad to be here.
Welcome from Washington state!! I been threw AK a few times and stayed there in a tiny town called Saint Joe..lol...I got family down in Missouri...Lots of humidy down there thats for sure....lol....And for down that way that stang doesnt look to bad at all...I know alot of people who would grab it up and try to do something with it.."i would if i found it"...And most nay sayers just have a deep down bad information about our stangs..yes they are still not as valueble as 67-70 fastbacks when restored.....But most mach 1's are worth more than your average 64-69 coupes... They just remmeber all the propoganda from the mid 70's made about them around the gas crunch...These cars catch more eyes than most stangs...When i show up at a car show...My stang gets more looks than ones that are worth 10 times as much...lol...They got alot of flash ...And they usualy win alot of shows just cause so many rows of 64 too 70 stangs.......I think if you like the car...It wont hurt you to fix it up and put it back on the road...It will cost...But i seen alot worse stangs come back from the dead...And they are worth it too me;)

WELCOME aboard!

Yes, you have found the "right" place as we like to think our ourselves as dedicated to helping each other in our pursuit of the hobby of restoring, modifying and everything in between for the 1971 - 1973 Mustangs.

Please take some time to become acquainted with the different Forums and don't hesitate to "post up" on any thread which brings additional questions to your mind or that you would like to provide further comment. We also have a little exercise we try to do each week called the "Weekly Fun Question" which might interest you. Here is the link to the "specifics."

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-is-the-weekly-fun-question--5488

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back