New Steering Wheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
She is named Victoria and sports a 302 with a C4.
I am in the market for a new steering wheel to replace the hideous temp that is in it now. A little distraught with trying to find what I want. I dont want to spend several hundred dollars, but would like a nice wheel. What do you guys have in your Mustangs? Currently I am looking at the Lecarra 43201. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the original you can get a repair kit for about $50.00 from Eastwood and other sources. It takes time and patience but it does yield nice results. Chuck

If you have the original you can get a repair kit for about $50.00 from Eastwood and other sources. It takes time and patience but it does yield nice results. Chuck
That's another project for me after cruising season is over since I've got a couple of cracks in my original steering wheel. I'm also going to change out the turning signal switch while I have the steering wheel pulled (have to hold it up while turning right). This appears to be a good link on the subject.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/car-article/Keep+Your+Original+Steering+Wheel!-78572.xhtml

I am in the market for a new steering wheel to replace the hideous temp that is in it now. A little distraught with trying to find what I want. I dont want to spend several hundred dollars, but would like a nice wheel. What do you guys have in your Mustangs? Currently I am looking at the Lecarra 43201. Thanks!
Have you checked out CJPONY parts? They have some inexpensive wheels... how about a grant 15" woodgrain for $146.25. Not sure if you're looking for wood. They also have a grant 15" black foam for $121.55. Happy hunting...

http://www.cjponyparts.com/grant-woodgrain-15-inch-steering-wheel/p/STWG/

I am looking for a nice replacement aftermarket steering wheel for my 1973 coupe. I have the factory tilt column. So far, I have not been able to locate an hub adapter that will work with the factory tilt columns. Any ideas to where to look? Does anybody have one installed on a tilt style column?

Regards,

mustang7173

If I get some time tonight I'll send you a picture of my aftermarket wheel that came off my 73 Coupe with tilt wheel. I'm not absolutely sure the OEM wheel I bought will fit yet. I'd be willing to let it go cheap if mine fits. If you are interested PM me...

I bought this GRANT steering wheel off eBay. It has a mustang signature series horn cap. Super easy to install and it looks great. It cost me $94.95.

View item:

70-77 Mustang II Grant Black Steering Wheel

Type this in on eBay.

I wonder why we cant get a reproduction of the original one, Mine is cracked bad and all the ones I have seen in junk yards are worse.

Back