WORK HAS BEGUN--VIDEO THE NEW 72

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right awn. If you can post the technique you used to replicate the texture on the console, that would be appreciated. I have a crack in mine at the rear corner of the ash tray door.
There's 3 ways to do it...1--You can use a hand held spot blaster with very course media low pressure and LIGHTLY put the texture back into the repair..This is this hardest way

2--Use a sponge and dab the primer when its wet..layer on a few coats dab each coat till the texture matches..ala sponge painting

3--get some modeling clay..press into a section on the texture thats good..spray a wet coat of primer..dab the clay onto the primer..

You need to experiment & see which technique your most comfortable with 2 & 3 are the easiest for a novice..

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have a good start to bring the car up to the next level. I'm sure it will turn heads when you get it out on the road.

Tell me about the Adams stuff. I have swirls in the clear of my 07 from washing it.

Quote "I will never do this again" "Dynacorn is the only way I'll go!" Told ya! :p
Meaning a full blown rust structural restoration..This car is no where even close to having any structural rust damage...It's super clean in that respect..Wait till you see tomorrows video of how the paint looks now..:D

In stock

Item #BOD-713-589

71-73 REAR SPOILER STANDS KIT

Reproduction rear spoiler pedestal assemblies. Includes die cast stands, gaskets and hardware. Price: $52.95

Back