PICS--FINISHED POLISHING--1-COAT WAX

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Ok..So as you saw in the video yesterday I was in the process of polishing perfecting the finish on the new Mach..

Although the paint looked pretty good & for most it would be ok it was no where never the level I'm accustomed to..I could tell that a turtle wax type of wax was used on it prior (white residue in all the nooks & cranny's)

Heres the exact process I used all Adams products except for some white compound..I also used my Mequiars orbital bufferhttp://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Professional-Dual-Action-Polisher/dp/B002XOXSI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343911888&sr=8-1&keywords=meguiar%27s+dual+action+polisher with Adams foam pads..

1--wash with dawn dish-washing soap to remove old wax

2--Adams severe swirl remover & green pad ( then compound on the deep scratches with a white pad)

3--Adams swirl & haze remover & orange pad

4--Adams Fine machine polish & white pad

5--Adams Machine super sealant & black pad

6--Adams brilliant glaze

7--Adams Americana premium wax

Adams double soft towels for all product removal

I also used the swirl haze remover to hand polish the wheels

The car looks unreal !!! Like night & day !! Today I'm going to first put a coat of the brilliant glaze on then layer on a coat of the Americana wax..The super sealant needs 12-24 hours to cure before layering on other products..If you can believe it the finish is going to even get deeper than you see now after the Americana. Besides the fact that the finish looks amazing the beauty of using these products & the way I did this is that it's now super easy to maintain..Just hose the car down with water..Get out the leaf blower..blow off..wipe down with Adams detail spray...

DSCF0006.JPGDSCF0007.JPGDSCF0004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the glaze Friday before the show and WOW what a difference. Did not have the Americana to seal with though:s
Awsome T..glad your using enjoying the stuff..Takes it to a whole new level..when I get back I will send you out some product..

Wow, looks great. If your ever in Virginia stop by and we can do mine!
Thanks M..or if your ever out my way you can stop in :)

Scott, as primarily a "race" kind of guy, I have not been too impressed with all of that washing, waxing and the like in the past but I must admit that you have gotten my attention.

After reading your previous thread, I went to the "Adams" web site and am looking at ordering their "Premium Hand Polish & Car Wash Kit" to practice on my 2003 Marauder.

I was wondering if the "hand polish" process is as simple as it appears to be in the video?

By the way, as inferred, I REALLY like what you have done so far with Cody's former Mustang!

BT

I used the glaze Friday before the show and WOW what a difference. Did not have the Americana to seal with though:s

You know, I thought I was catching a bit of Brooklyn in your drawl. :p
Awsome T..glad your using enjoying the stuff..Takes it to a whole new level..when I get back I will send you out some product..

Wow, looks great. If your ever in Virginia stop by and we can do mine!
Thanks M..or if your ever out my way you can stop in :)

Scott,

What color is it actually ? Is that 4C green ?
I have no idea..The P.O. was supposed to get the color code for me but so far I haven't heard from him.. I need to touch up paint some stuff & can't wait on it any longer I'm just going to go to one of the local pro auto body supply houses here & have them match to a part on the car..Once I have a formula I can post it up

Scott, as primarily a "race" kind of guy, I have not been too impressed with all of that washing, waxing and the like in the past but I must admit that you have gotten my attention.

After reading your previous thread, I went to the "Adams" web site and am looking at ordering their "Premium Hand Polish & Car Wash Kit" to practice on my 2003 Marauder.

I was wondering if the "hand polish" process is as simple as it appears to be in the video?

By the way, as inferred, I REALLY like what you have done so far with Cody's former Mustang!

BT
Thanks BT..All the Adams products that I use by hand have been super easy to use..I will say this though If the finish does have alot of deep swirls you really need to use a machine to remove them..The nice thing about using a dual action polisher with foam pad..It's very hard to "burn through" the finish if at all ..Sears has a nice cheap unit as does harbor freight..

I do have all those items that come in the kit in stock EXCEPT for the hex application pads..Of course I give 15% off to the members here for first time orders..If that doesn't work for you & you want to order direct from Adams I can give you a code for 10% off..Everything comes with a 110% money back guarantee if your not satisfied.

Car looks great. Havent been on here as much lately so dont know how you got this Mach. Did you sell or trade the Q-code?
Thanks J

SELL MY Q CODE !!!!!! I hope I never have to...I bought this car out right from a member here.

Latest posts

Back