Mustang 50th Anniversary Charlotte 2014

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnfastbk

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
How many people are really serious about making the trip to Charlotte in 2014? I have a friend in the hotel business and could possibly have a block of rooms set aside for us but need to know if people are serious.

Roy,

I am TRULY going and will be with a friend who has a 35K original owner/mileage 70 Boss that will be shipped with my car. We both plan to drive our other mustangs to the show. I have my calender at work marked for March 2013 to book a room. According to the hotels in the area this is the earliest I could book. If you need any further specific details please PM me. I am positively going.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your contact have any Embassy Suites connections? This is the closest hotel to the track. Wife would like the spa.

Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord/Golf Resort & Spa

3.5 stars

0.95 miles to Lowe's Motor Speedway,

4.8 / 5Outstanding (88 reviews)

I've already let my family know that I plan on going. So I'm about fairly certain I will make it. Not sure if I will be taking the 04 Mach 1 or the 73 Convertible.

The Hampton Inn chain is where my wife and I always try to stay, so this sounds good to me unless you can find a hotel with covered parking :p

Does your contact have any Embassy Suites connections? This is the closest hotel to the track. Wife would like the spa.

Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord/Golf Resort & Spa

3.5 stars

0.95 miles to Lowe's Motor Speedway,

4.8 / 5Outstanding (88 reviews)
The Hampton is also less than 1 mile, and I wil ask her. Who are they affilated with? Which chain?

Hampton

.Hotel Facts

•Located less than one mile from the Charlotte Motor Speedway

•Free shuttle service within five miles of the hotel

•Evening manager’s reception

•1,400 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space to accommodate up to 100 people

•125 guest rooms including accessible rooms

Rooms & Suites .Included in Every Stay

•Free hot breakfast

•Clean and fresh Hampton bed®

•Free high-speed internet access in every room

•Gym/fitness center use

Embassy Suites are also affiliated with the Hilton brand alongside Hampton Inns. We also stay at Hampton Inns when on the road so I am not saying that is a great choice as well. My thought was the Embassy Suites was just a bit closer and more in the center of the show activity. I am fine with whatever your friend can do and I REALLY appreciate you looking into this. It helps to get a bit ahead on the planning process so I can spend more time getting the car ready. I have alot to get done in 15 months starting in September. That is the latest update on when the bodywork will be done.

Looked at google maps for this hotel ... Looks like coming from the hotel to the track, you must turn Right on Concord Pkwy and then do a U turn at Moorhead rd. to head back to the track. That should be exciting.

This is truly a once in a lifetime event... I don't think I'll be around for the 100th Anniversary! I have my calendar reminder set to book the room in March 2013 and it's only a 250 mile drive for me from SC. At this point you can count me in... thanks!

Would love to go, but that is one long coast to coast ride, so I don't think I could make it to Charlotte. It sounds like Vegas Baby!

I would love to meet up with the gang in Charlotte. I'm going to plan on it, count me in!

I see on the MCA link Roy posted there will be "pony drives" We should plan a couple of routes one from the "north" and one from the "south" and converge on Charlotte in a 71-73 tour de force.

AHH on the big body thing. Could I squeeze a 67 Fastback in the group? My friend will be driving his 73' vert so he will fit in. My 72' and his 70' Boss will be trucked in.

Roy, please keep us posted on any progress you make with your friend. I am trying to get as much pre-planning done as possible.

Thank you,

AHH on the big body thing. Could I squeeze a 67 Fastback in the group? My friend will be driving his 73' vert so he will fit in. My 72' and his 70' Boss will be trucked in.

Roy, please keep us posted on any progress you make with your friend. I am trying to get as much pre-planning done as possible.

Thank you,
YES SIR you sure can

Back