HOW TO KEEP YOUR COWL DEBRIS FREE

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Here's a nice quick project that works fantastic for keeping the cowl area debris free..You need some black screen...black small zip ties..I used different colors so it would show in the pics..Pretty self explanatory..

DSCF0060.JPG

DSCF0061.JPG

DSCF0062.JPG

DSCF0063.JPG

DSCF0064.JPG

DSCF0065.JPG

DSCF0066.JPG

That´s one of those "why didn´t I come with that" ideas.

Cool!

Gonna do that tomorrow, I think I got some of that stuff left.

Had Ford done that it would have prevented a lot of rusted out cowls. I believe the number one offender is debris which over time blocks the drains then soaks up moisture like a spong resulting in the rust. Nice tip "Q"

Jim

Had Ford done that it would have prevented a lot of rusted out cowls. I believe the number one offender is debris which over time blocks the drains then soaks up moisture like a spong resulting in the rust. Nice tip "Q"

Jim
BINGO!! It was is the #1 killer of the cowl area Now you know how to keep it nice!

Great minds think alike! I was thinking about doing the very same thing when it was time to put the cowl vent pieces back in.

"Well done" for putting together this quick and very valuable tip!

definitely a great idea, so easy a caveman like myself can do it. Especially after what the squirrels left in there!

Good idea. Couldn't you just glue it on with contact adhesive?
I agree. I like the idea, but I am thinking a bead of silicone around the edge before you place that carefully cut screen on there. Then, no need for wire-ties... Just me? I do think silicone caulk would be stronger and last longer than contact adhesive in this rather hot environment - although there is the possibility the silicone won't stick to the plastic very well....

Back