my new Q code conv

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Conv, 460 V8, 1940 Cadillac 62 series, 1961 cadillac 62 series, 1972 VW beetle
Today I bought another 73 conv. This car is a well optioned Q code w/ AC, power windows, tilt steering, rim blow horn, guage and tach a few other goodies that escapes me at the moment and 76,xxx orig docuented miles. Driving it home listening to some music, the windows stgarted to fog up (raining here in michigan real hard last couple of days) I turned on the defrost, and the passenger compartment filled with steam, sorta like radiator broke or a hose or something. I checked and rdiator still full, looking under the hood, I found no leaks, I turned on the heat and the same thing happens. Is there someone out there that may know whats happening. This is a really nice unmolested car, with a few issuse (cosmetic and this issue) I dont want to get discouraged, but this s an issue. Any ideas????? Thanks Jazz

Today I bought another 73 conv. This car is a well optioned Q code w/ AC, power windows, tilt steering, rim blow horn, guage and tach a few other goodies that escapes me at the moment and 76,xxx orig docuented miles. Driving it home listening to some music, the windows stgarted to fog up (raining here in michigan real hard last couple of days) I turned on the defrost, and the passenger compartment filled with steam, sorta like radiator broke or a hose or something. I checked and rdiator still full, looking under the hood, I found no leaks, I turned on the heat and the same thing happens. Is there someone out there that may know whats happening. This is a really nice unmolested car, with a few issuse (cosmetic and this issue) I dont want to get discouraged, but this s an issue. Any ideas????? Thanks Jazz
Heater core gone bad. Check passanger floor for moisture.

never even thought about the heater core. thanks Im definately checking

I agree - sounds like a heater core leak. Replacing the heater core is a bit tedious, especially on an AC equipped car but it can be done with a little patience. Don't get discouraged, sounds like you have a great car there. Please post some pics when you get a chance.

Until you have time to fix the heater core, just by-pass it by disconnecting the heater hoses at the fire wall and insert a splice. Then you can still drive the car.

I will post some pics But right now I'm trying to finish my resto-mod 460 big block 73 conv. I bought this one to drive but my heart is really on my restoration. However, I will be bypassing the heater core in the AM. Thanks for all the help. Pics on the way. Thanks to everyone

it may be something simpler than a heater core as you said your radiator was not low. If the drain line gets plugged (Like by bugs nesting in it) the ac condensation will fill up the case. With the heater on and the selector in the hot position have the system pressure tested before removing the heater core. Or check under the car for a plugged drain, or run the car and the ac and look for water drainage.

Of course it may be a bad heater core

Yup....Agree on the heater core...Fog up your window faster than you can wipe it away when they get bad...lol..Some leak..Some dont.

Lets see some pics of this machine.

73 mustang 1.jpg

here are a few pics

Back