No Mustang Love

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My friends and I went to a little car show yesterday that had around 140 cars. THey had several categories/classes for cars. They gave out top 15 in our class. Needless to say my camaro buddies both won one (which they have super nice cars) and the Mustang was left out. What was funny about it when my name was not called my buddy said you have won Best of Show. I replied not a chance.

They had some extremely high dollar cars there. Out of the top 15 their was not one Ford:huh: Now I did not build my car for trophies or showing, but I know my car was as nice or nicer than some picked. Which just proves my point of its all personal preference with the judges at the smaller shows. One of the judges personally came and found me and stated that my car was the nicest Mustang of our years that he had ever seen, so that made me feel good, then was left out of the presentation:huh: So just had to smile and remember why we were really there, fund raiser for kids. But have to admit for a brief second I was disappointed. Oh and of coarse I was the only 7173 there. But we had a good long car day as it was held where we do our cruise in, so I was there from 830am till 845pm. Needless to say I slept well last night.

My friends and I went to a little car show yesterday that had around 140 cars. THey had several categories/classes for cars. They gave out top 15 in our class. Needless to say my camaro buddies both won one (which they have super nice cars) and the Mustang was left out. What was funny about it when my name was not called my buddy said you have won Best of Show. I replied not a chance.

They had some extremely high dollar cars there. Out of the top 15 their was not one Ford:huh: Now I did not build my car for trophies or showing, but I know my car was as nice or nicer than some picked. Which just proves my point of its all personal preference with the judges at the smaller shows. One of the judges personally came and found me and stated that my car was the nicest Mustang of our years that he had ever seen, so that made me feel good, then was left out of the presentation:huh: So just had to smile and remember why we were really there, fund raiser for kids. But have to admit for a brief second I was disappointed. Oh and of coarse I was the only 7173 there. But we had a good long car day as it was held where we do our cruise in, so I was there from 830am till 845pm. Needless to say I slept well last night.
Sorry about the frustrating experience. That sort of thing has happened to me several times in the past and it has always been disappointing even if I didn't want to admit it to anyone. When the judging is popular vote or judged by the local "car guys" anything can and will happen. The first car show I took my Eliminator to in 1984 the "60s Muscle Car" class "judge" didn't want to allow my car into restored stock class because he was "absolutely certain" Mercury never built cougars with spoilers, stripes, or a Boss 302 engine. I had to show him several pieces of documentation to convince him. A 70 Chevelle, that started life a a 6 cylinder car, with a 350 and lots of chrome and SS badges won the class. Guess who the car belonged to. The "judge"! The few shows I still attend are to meet old friends, meet new car people, and support a local cause. Hang in there Roy. Chuck

Thats the problem with local car shows, lots of politics and biases. Take your car to the bigger shows and people will apprieciate the quality of your car. Some day 71-73 will get their due.

This happens so many times here in Norway also.

When there is a car show without a jury , i actually get surprised when i see the "winner". Most people who dont know the cars and what they are give theire vote because they like the color or there is a big stereo or something like that. But then again to take home the first price at the bigger national shows with qualified jury, you need a pretty good car to get high scores.

All in all its about having fun with our cars:), but never feels wrong to drive home with a price:)

Ah like I said thats not what this car was built for so ............... We had a good time and lots of money was raised for under privileged kids Christmas so thats what really mattered.

Tinhuhcee..... you are right! and you are RIGHT about the fact you offered your entry fee "FOR THE KIDS" .... guess what you are twice the man for winning THAT category than the trophy!!!!

with that said as some of you know I chair the corporate membership for Oilfield Helping Hands. We have our annual show and I have made it clear we dont have professional judges and we make it fun for the "observers" to vote...they dont know what they are doing so they vote on what "sounds cool and familiar" example : "CAMARO"

With that said we ask educated guys to volunteer and they oversee the voting to try to make it FAIR!!!

You have a great attitude about the show Roy!

We have Ford's red headed step child in a chevy driven hobby. What can we expect??? :D

I get a kick over how big and heavy our cars are. Park next to a camaro of the same era... not much difference in size and mass.

Car shows are nice to walk through. Entering one is not something I plan to ever do for many of the reason stated here and because you have to baby sit your own car to make sure rare parts don't disappear or the hood is not used as a picnic table. Fund raising for a charity would be the only appeal for an entry fee from me.

Well played Roy!

Car shows are nice to walk through. Entering one is not something I plan to ever do for many of the reason stated here and because you have to baby sit your own car to make sure rare parts don't disappear or the hood is not used as a picnic table. Fund raising for a charity would be the only appeal for an entry fee from me.

Well played Roy!
I feel the same way about car shows. I like to look at the cars, then leave. I once pulled into a local car show and someone yelled no Fords allowed, so I left.

Interesting thoughts here. I have never entered into an official show with judges and such. I did go to a local Sonic drive up kind of get together. That was fun.

There is weekly saturday night car show at a local mall. It's big and has been going on for years. I have been there a few times and it's fun. No judges and lots of cars. All of them 'drivers'. I was going to show up one weekend when the weather cools off a bit.

There is another show later in the year with an entry fee. You get a shirt and I guess there might be some judging, the entry registration includes what 'class' you are in. I wouldn't expect to win anything. My car is too modified to be stock and not modified enough to be a 'resto mod'.

It didn't occur to me I would have to baby sit the car. I have NEVER even touched someone else's car or would even consider it. I certainly wouldn't use it as a picnic table or a place to park my butt while I get a rock out of my shoe.

Back