Mustang II fans - here's a good one

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Hey I remember Hot Rod or similar magazine article

on a Mustang II Mach I. I remember the owner was a pilot

and wanted a powerful new Mustang so he had a big block

shoehorned in there.

Cool - isn't the internet great - found website with reference to the car (motor by Roush) >>>

http://www.mustang.org/dto_garage.php?do=viewvehicle&v=1339

Ray

I'm seriously lookin at buying a 76-78 Cobra II, the black and gold looks cool, would be a blast to drive, with a manual and a ally headed roller cammed 302w....

I'm seriously lookin at buying a 76-78 Cobra II, the black and gold looks cool, would be a blast to drive, with a manual and a ally headed roller cammed 302w....
I like them too..And would love to have a black and gold...or even the white with blue strips...or white and with red stripes too...I got the cheesy mach 1 version...1974 with v6...it could be made into a good fake one thou..lol

I like them too..And would love to have a black and gold...or even the white with blue strips...or white and with red stripes too...I got the cheesy mach 1 version...1974 with v6...it could be made into a good fake one thou..lol
I had a 78 with the 302 in it. Same as the king cobra without all the stickers. The ass-end of that car was so light, it would sit there and cook the tires off of it !!!! All done with a whopping 139h.p. :p It was a really fun car when I was 18. It didn't go very fast but the burn outs were cool. I remember turning the air cleaner lid upside down so it sounded like it was really screaming down the road:cool:

Thats a sweet mustang II!!!! Got to take my nephews mustang II for a ride last weekend and its just a little 4 banger and it will sit there and smolder the tires! We are looking at getting a 2.3 turbo motor out of a Thunderbird. That would definately wake that thing up. Heres a pic of it. We were gonna go with white with blue stripes, but decided to go blue with the white stripes.

2qdxyr5.png

30t74lz.png

21buejr.png

Dude - I am SO tempted to lock and close this thread.

Why? Because if the editor of Mustang Monthly can totally ignore '71-'73s while plastering Mustang IIs everywhere, I think we ought to be able to do the same in reciprocation. :mad:

Totally just kidding of course - we don't roll like that here... I just needed to get that out of my head.

;)

You do know one of our members owns this car don't you?
I think I remember something about that, but I'm not bashing the car in the least - I actually like the Mustang IIs very much (my Mom had an awesome blue Mach 1 hatchback when I was growing up).

I'm just getting in a dig in at Rob Kinnan whenever and wherever I get a chance. :whistling:

Back