Headliner wrinkles

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargis1973

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
351 clevland
Does anyone know how to get wrinkles out of a headliner or if its even possible?

Does anyone know how to get wrinkles out of a headliner or if its even possible?
If it is an original headliner don't pull on it, the seams will come apart. If it is new I would try taking down the moulding front and rear and see if you could pull it a little tighter.

i've just put in a new headliner (just painted the car.) and i can tell thats its not an easy job to put it in. i'm not happy on how it turned out, thinking about redoing it, but now with a black headliner, everything in or on the car is black, but the headliner is dark bleu, that was the darkest color available back then..

but some wrinkles came out overnight, some are still there, i redid the back , but im still not happy...

but what alarmrick said, if its the stock headliner, don't pull on it..

It's a new one I just installed every thing turned out ok except the front. I've even tried taking it down on the front and redue it and still can't get the wrinkles out. I think the sun visors will hide most of them

i've heard some people talking about using a hairdryer on the wrinkles, haven't tried it myself i have to say.. but maybe it works..

Does anyone know if the rear window has to come out in a 71 Mach? The last part of my interior work is the headliner. It's the only thing I am dreading, especially after i finally got the rear window sealed.

The easiest way is to remove front and rear windows. The rear window is a MUST! only because you can tuck under windshield trim. But it will come loose over time. If you want it strait and tight remove the front and rear and get ready to spend a couple of days. That's why it's $400 installed. Glue and stretch. Helped a neighbor do his 71 over 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back