Top up or down for car show

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
The factory I work at is going to have a family fun day later this year. It includes an employee car show. (No prizes or judging).

I am going to bring the convertible. What do you guys think, assuming it's not raining... do I show it with the top up or down? The top was just replaced so it is in great condition. These look so good with the top up but it's a convertible, the whole idea is fun in the sun!

What do you guys think?

Mustang Club of America requires the top to be up for judging, but I always go to the shows with the top down. That's what the converts are all about!

It isn't an MCA show so I'd have the top down and the boot on and have the the windows down. Just an opinion. Chuck

I like the top down look but don't always do that at shows and cruises. But only because black comfort-weave seats absorb a lot of sun and as C9zx pointed out, "boot cover on" is better. My boot is pretty beat up and doesn't fit right.

DSCF7398b.JPG

Show up with it up and put it down and boot it at the appropriate time during the get together. Those without convertibles love to see how they actually work!

It usually depends on my mood. I´ve got no preference. Sometimes I like to show that it is a convertible, sometimes I don´t as they look really good with the top up.

Top down and booted.

1185_25_08_12_11_17_48.jpeg

What usually keeps me from putting the top down for shows is that my top boot does not fit at all..... Looks really good booted like that. :-/

Back