Spanish style garbage disposal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
I thought I´d have to share this.

A guy on the German Mustang board I am on posted this pic over there. He is spending his vacation on Ibiza and while driving in his rental, he got lost in the boonies and found this at the end of a dirt road:

ibimust.jpg

Hmmm. Stolen and stripped? Tires have air and body appears straight.

Actually almost looks like it was stripped down for recent paint. ???

Wish he's gotten the VIN off the door - looks like dash was removed. :D

But might have been shot on his first attempt!

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Evidence shows it was stripped right there. See the upper radiator support clamps on the ground?

I bet it's a stolen car & that's where it ended up. Amateurs.

That is weird, you would think the wheels/tires would be the first thing they would strip. Maybe all they needed was a radiator.
Agreed...Odd how they left such nice wide cooper cobra's...Those are not cheap tires and they look in good shape...Some real wide rims in the back...the motor all there...its realy odd and weird..Amature strip down i guess? Maybe they blew up the motor getting it there...But still..Why leave any of it? Thats alot of money still sitting there...Heck even that hood is worth 1000 or more...Looks like a stock original nasa hood...fenders and body look great. {shakes head} That is realy weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes no sense that it was stolen and stripped in that manner, I doubt there are a lot of 71 Mustangs in Ibiza that would warrant stealing the car for the parts taken. It's almost as if the owner got in over his head on a renovation (it looks like the parts removed were in prep for a paint job) and the only way out was an insurance claim for it being stolen. The owner may have also removed a few of the new parts at the scene he felt he could get a refund on or resell quickly. Only the person (s) who put it there know for sure.

Jim

I don´t think it was stolen. AFAIK there is no car theft on Ibiza as it is a small island. You´ve got nowhere to go and you can´t get a car off the island without being seen, so...

The poster wrote that it is in rather bad shape. He concludes that it has had the crap ridden out of it and it´s simply been left to mold in with nature. Motor is still there though. It´s really hard to understand, as there are numerous parts that would be worth saving, or selling if you were the owner.

By the way, what looks like flat tires is dirt and debris that has slid off the slope and gathered around the wheels.

I don´t think it was stolen. AFAIK there is no car theft on Ibiza as it is a small island. You´ve got nowhere to go and you can´t get a car off the island without being seen, so...

The poster wrote that it is in rather bad shape. He concludes that it has had the crap ridden out of it and it´s simply been left to mold in with nature. Motor is still there though. It´s really hard to understand, as there are numerous parts that would be worth saving, or selling if you were the owner.

By the way, what looks like flat tires is dirt and debris that has slid off the slope and gathered around the wheels.
Thats got to be a very frustrating situation, cant buy parts, cant sell parts,probably no one knows anything about the car,no one would pay what ever to get it off the island. Looks ship wrecked like the SS minnow:huh:

Back