hello from austria

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canadian_red_maple_leaf

Reaction score
My Car
1966 Mustang K-Code Coupe
1968 VW Beetle
1969 Mustang Mach1
1971 Mustang 351 Boss
1972 Mustang Convertible
1983 Mercedes 280SL
hi to all,

i live in vienna, austria and have a few mustangs. my name is abudi and i'm 41 years old. i grew up in kuwait and my dad always drove american cars which explains my love to theses cars. since driving a V8 is rather expensive here, i waited a while until i first bought V8. unlike my dad i always liked the ford mustang. so 6 years ago i bought my first mustang and what a disappointment it was. the guy who sold me the 66 coupe knew he was selling a pile of junk... fortunately i was able to give the car back. i then bought a 1968 coupe from a canadian fellow (which explains my user name). sold that car too because i always like the big ones.

now the 71-73 story begins. i started off with a 1972 convertible which was in vienna for a few years. it looked amazing so i bought it....BIG MISTAKE! always take a mustang pro along when you buy a car!! here is the reason why:

http://v8austria.bplaced.net/72mustang/72_resto/Welcome.html

next up was a 1969 mach1. after having restored my convertible i figured restoring a 69 would be a walk in the park. it was easier but NOT a walk in the park.

http://v8austria.bplaced.net/69mustang/69_mach_1_resto/Welcome.html

after completion of the 69 and the convertible i figured it's enough now. i was chatting with a friend in switzerland (CH) and since i bought a lot of NOS parts from him he asked me if i was interested in a new project. i rejected at first since i already had 2 cars until he said it was a 351 boss....well never say never. this boss was a really rare find. i mean a 351B in general is rare, but finding a swiss export model that was fully loaded...now that was rare. i found a few in 351Bs in germany and i was told around 9 went to CH in 1971.

here are a few links to my facebook gallery:

Part1

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=128429&id=599235754&l=78c75d0e31

Part2

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=151459&id=599235754&l=b00187f198

Part3

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=211280&id=599235754&l=26a61b5e90

now to my 4th car...i figured since i already have 3 the 4th one would really have to be a special one. in a way i wanted to own a car from the first generation too. it had to be a coupe since i already had the nicest convertible and the 2 sportsroofs. so, again, i was chatting with a friend here in austria and he said a k-coupe is missing in you collection. that's when it hit me and i remembered that there was a guy who wanted to sell his k-code for around 3 years. the appreciation for such a rare car isn't given here in europe, which explains why it took him 3 years to sell a k-coupe that came from oklahoma (meaning it was rust free). i don't have too many pictures of the special k because i haven't started restoring it yet.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=237478&id=599235754&l=9bd22f9dc2

well thats about it. i hope i kinda fit in here.

merry chirstmas

abudi

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! Great stories about your cars! can't wait to see and hear more!

::welcome::

thanks for the warm hearted welcome. yeah i love to get my hand dirty :) can't seem to get enough of it.

having a big body mustang here in europe is very special and driving around with it in vienna is amazing. i kinda got used to being an orphan since there aren't many of us 71-73s. i started a poll in one of the biggest forums in germany and we ended up being 50 cars.....in austria, germany, switzerland, belgium, luxemburg, netherland.

no a whole lot :-(

abudi

thanks for the warm hearted welcome. yeah i love to get my hand dirty :) can't seem to get enough of it.

having a big body mustang here in europe is very special and driving around with it in vienna is amazing. i kinda got used to being an orphan since there aren't many of us 71-73s. i started a poll in one of the biggest forums in germany and we ended up being 50 cars.....in austria, germany, switzerland, belgium, luxemburg, netherland.

no a whole lot :-(

abudi
Well, you have found a home that appreciates these cars as much as you do! Tell your other forum mates to check us out also! :D

will do rocketfoot, but most of them hardly speak english. i will pass it on though :)

Herzlich Willkommen. This is a great site. The members are friendly and helpful. I think you will enjoy it.

Chuck

Oklahoma

danke schoen chuck für die nette begrüssung :)

in english: thanks chuck for the warm hearted welcome.

my k-code coupe came from oklahoma....good dry state. no rust issues but the interior and the rubber is pretty much DEAD.

abudi

Hi Abudi,

I read your post in the German forum and I followed you here.

Thanks for that.

looks like i managed to convince a few german buddies to hop over. to my screen name, the first mustang i bought was from a canadian army officer. he was working for nato in germany and since he was canadian he named his car after the canadian flag. i sold the leaf but kept the name :)

to all the german friends pass the word...at least here we're in a bigger community.

abudi

WELCOME aboard, Abudi!

I really appreciate your "passing the word" about the Site and believe you and the other Europeans will find the experience a good one here. We RESPECT a diversified approach to the hobby and ALL are encouraged to participate, whether it is restoration, modification or anything in between.

I sincerely look forward to interacting with you on the Forums. Again, Welcome!!

BT

hi guys! is there a special place on this site where i can put my restorations?

thanks and i wish y'all a merry x-mas

abudi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back