BIL Classic rally in Luxembourg

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
First a little explanation: I edited this post many, many times. That is because my computer freezes when I upload more than 1 picture. That is why, each time I attached a pic, I updated the post, so that it would be safe on the site before adding a new pic by editing the post. It was the only way to do this, so sorry if it caused you any inconvenience.

Here we go:

Saturday September 1st it was time again for the annual BIL (former Dexia) Classic Rally.

It is an all day cruise for classic cars of all makes (everything older than 30 years) through the country of Luxembourg. There were 120 cars.

You need two people per car as the copilot needs to read the road book, so you know where you have to go.

There are the usual challenges along the trip, like travel a distance of "x" meters in "y" seconds, or move your car exactly two meters forward, etc.

I am quite good at those but unfortunately I suck at those other challenges like "how many bottle caps are in this jar" and the like which is why we never finished in the top ten so far. :-(

The cars all arrive at the central market place in Luxembourg/City where they are being displayed for everyone to see.

I post a few pictures for you guys. Lots of interesting cars there, but only one 71-73 Mustang. Guess whose? :)

Let's start with some Italian beauties. The DeTomaso and the Lamborghini in the middle belong to some friends of mine. Unfortunately the Pantera lost all its cooling liquid in a burst of white smoke about 40 minutes into the cruise. Luckily we were right behind it, so we stopped, called a tow truck and our two friends continued the cruise with my wife and me in the Mustang.

P1030751.JPG

Here's the engine bay of the Pantera :cool: :

P1030754.JPG

Lining up for the start:

IMG_2154.JPG

Lunch break.

1968 Shelby GT 500 convertible (not a clone) from our Mustang Club:

IMG_2155.JPG

A very rare Italian beauty: Iso Grifo. Didn't even know there was one in Luxembourg.

IMG_2157.JPG

Again two of my buddies in a 69 and a 68 Charger RT.

IMG_2162.JPG

After the finish in Luxembourg. A rare Jaguar:

IMG_2167.JPG

Aston Martin Lagonda:

IMG_2176.JPG

The oldest car in the challenge. Bugatti:

IMG_2174.JPG

And some more pics:

IMG_2168.JPGView attachment 10898

IMG_2171.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...Amazing cars....I got a thing for European super cars and sports cars ..im suprized there wasnt a Lancia stratos there;) i always liked them cars even know they are tempermental as hell..lol

looks like a very good time to me, and the weather cooperated. Thanks for sharing. Chuck

I would love to visit there someday! Do they have the Ralley every year?
Yep, every first Saturday of September.

Luxembourg is well worth a visit, as it is not your usual tourist place.

Although it is very small it has a lot of diversity in terms of landscapes and sightseeing.

You just need a good travel guide or even better someone who lives here to show you around. (If you ask nicely you might even get someone to drive you around in a 72 Mustang vert ;) )

I might post a thread about the country. There are some interesting vids on Youtube, some even official ones from our chamber of commerce.

Last edited by a moderator:

Although it is very small it has a lot of diversity in terms of landscapes and sightseeing.

You just need a good travel guide or even better someone who lives here to show you around. (If you ask nicely you might even get someone to drive you around in a 72 Mustang vert ;) )

I might post a thread about the country. There are some interesting vids on Youtube, some even official ones from our chamber of commerce.
That would be cool...And i mite take you up on that 72 vert ride next year..When im in poland ;)

That would be cool...And i mite take you up on that 72 vert ride next year..When im in poland ;)
Be my guest. I´m serious!

And for you there´d be my amp and guitar collection (incl a pre CBS Strat) as a special treat! :)

Back