72 Mustang Fastback COMPLETE INTERIOR RESTORATION COMPLETED: Posted a video tour

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archifx

Reaction score
My Car
72' Mustang Fastback (Mach1 Wannabe :)
After many months of hard work and fun times I can finally call this project complete! I wanted to give a complete tour of the interior restoration. I also wanted to give a special thanks to Don over at OMS for helping me out with the missing parts I needed to get this sucker complete! This community is the best. I'd say it's about 95% finished inside. I do have a few tweaks and thing I need to finish in here but you can get the general idea by the video. Enjoy

[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking interior! Did you do the seats yourself? I will need to get my seats recovered but I am a bit uneasy doing it myself. A couple of questions though:

1) What is that knob in the location for the rear window defrost switch?

2) I see your brake pedal is the small size for use in manual transmission cars. Was your car a manual originally?

Very nice, Archie! I hope mine comes out as nice as yours.

Steve, I reupholstered mine and it was a bit of a PITA but it's very doable. I made a few mistakes, but the nice thing is that the process gave me the knowledge I need so when I re-do them next I'll know how to do them right. It's not as bad as it seems.

Steve, I reupholstered mine and it was a bit of a PITA but it's very doable. I made a few mistakes, but the nice thing is that the process gave me the knowledge I need so when I re-do them next I'll know how to do them right. It's not as bad as it seems.
OK Steve. I prefer to do things myself so maybe I will give it a shot.

OK Steve. I prefer to do things myself so maybe I will give it a shot.
I'll PM you some tips.

Back