1971 Mach 1 - M-code, Metuchen, NJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
1T05M158XXX

New Jersey car with 11/70 build date, bought it from the first owner. Rear right quarter is badly damaged; otherwise, the car is mostly complete and intact.

Marti Report matches car perfectly with exception to the sport wheel covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you photographed every inch of the one owner car? Several of us are attempting to build a fact based data base of information for 71-73 Mustangs. Chuck

Have you photographed every inch of the one owner car? Several of us are attempting to build a fact based data base of information for 71-73 Mustangs. Chuck
+1 Chuck. That would be great and it would help many.

Ray

I agree with Chuck. Our survivor cars need to be well documented.

It looks like your hub caps were added after it left the factory. The report is silent about them so your car would have had 14" dog dishes & trim rings. Btw the dog dish look is my favorite on these cars.

It looks like your hub caps were added after it left the factory. The report is silent about them so your car would have had 14" dog dishes & trim rings. Btw the dog dish look is my favorite on these cars.
Interesting. Perhaps a dealer swap? Far as I know, my rims are black, not dark green.

-Kurt

Pull the carpet and check for a build sheet!
Passenger or driver's side? If the passenger, I'm not sure it'll be in one piece - this thing has a massive hole in the cowl (yet, the floor looks and feels 100% solid if I pound the hell out of it from the bottom. Still can't figure that out). The carpet stinks too.

I take it only the seats, shoe kick plates, and outer footwell covers have to be pulled to get under the carpets from the side, correct? Granted, I still have to find out how the shifter console comes apart, because the T-handle isn't locking between neutral and reverse (but it'll lock between everything else). Might have to start a thread on that.

-Kurt

10/05/12: "It's alive!"

Engine started up after being dormant since 2009. Runs like a champ. Manifold vacuum is the best I've seen out of any Cleveland-based block.

-Kurt

Don - that brings me to a question: What about the Marti report's silence as to hubcaps determines whether the car came with dog dish caps AND trim rings, rather than dog dish w/o the rings?

Pull the carpet and check for a build sheet!
No sheet. Or what's left of it.

71_mustang_50.jpg

71_mustang_51.jpg

-Kurt

Back