Hi guys wanna share some pics of me and my dad's 73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85 GT Kid

Reaction score
My Car
85 GT 1C
85 GT 2R
85 GT 2A
85 GT 9L
85 RS Capri
73 Mach 1
Well first off let me say hi as a new member and its really cool that theres a site dedicated to just these cars. I generally just mess with Fox mustangs (I own 5 and an 85 Capri RS) but I've always wanted an older mustang but they've been way out of my price range. My dads been into mustangs since he was 16 and bought his 82 GT brand new and has had multiple mustangs including some Boss 302s etc. My mom also had a 70 Boss 302 that was kind of a DD for her but unfortunately she had to sell it :(. Anyways we found out about this from a friend and said the people he knew wanted to sell it cheap. We figured if it was rough we could still make a quick buck on it but it ended up being in better shape then we thought. So plan is just to get it running and paint it nothing fancy just something me and my dad can cruise. Eventually it'd be nice to clean up the heads, cam, gears and either an AOD or Tremec :D. But as of right now all I know is its a 351 2bbl Auto car that's complete minus the carb and alternator (both were stolen :huh:). Owner said it is a real Mach 1 and from what we can tell it is but if not its no biggy (forgot to check the VIN). Also its a factory yellow car and has ginger interior :cool:. So far all I have are these crummy pics but we're hoping to go get it Friday (cross your fingers!!!).

IMG_20120912_184750.jpg

IMG_20120912_184806.jpg

Nice snake skin that was on the drivers seat :)

IMG_20120912_185401.jpg

And a pic of my moms Boss for grins :D

boss_burnout.jpg

Welcome from Ohio! Looks like your Mustang is fairly complete - should be a nice project. Good luck with it. BTW - that snake may still be inside the car somewhere! That would be a heck of a surprise:)

Welcome from washington state...And yes we need the vin from the dash just for starters..I can almost see it in your pics...So looks like its still there....I like to see stangs like this saved from destruction...Ginger was real popular in the 70's stangs...And we will help with any information you need..we are pretty good at decoding these cars...Check out the interior..And see if it has anything special {options and such} Deluxe interior or regular...power windows or regular roll ups...AC...Just little things too keep a eye out...A good pick of the interior will tell us tons about it.

Thanks for the kind words guys! Yea I didn't see him when I climbed in but we'll see lol. I know the VIN is there cause I checked the engine code (H so it is a 2bbl car) but I forgot to check for the body code :fp:. My dad said there was no Compressor so we'll have to change that lol but there was PS. You couldn't get the interior in half black half ginger could you? Car has some black and ginger and that was kinda screwing with me but if it came with ginger then that's whats going in there :). I'll definately be glad for the help though cause I don't know a ton about them and my friend that restores the first gens doesn't know much about these (unless its a Boss 351). I'll get some more pics ASAP.

May as well post a pic of his work while im at it lol

003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Chesapeake, VA! The car has Deluxe Mach 1 seats visable through the windshield hyena429.

First of all a warm ::welcome:: to the forum.

That Boss looks killer! Great shot too, btw.

Be careful about the snake though. There is a chance that it is still inside the car. Snakes are great at hiding. And you could climb in and out of the car for weeks without seeing it.

Of course it could still be harmless, depending on what snake it is.

Back to topic: Your Mustang seems to have nice aftermarket rims from what I can see in the pic.

Be careful about the snake though. There is a chance that it is still inside the car. Snakes are great at hiding. And you could climb in and out of the car for weeks without seeing it.

Back to topic: Your Mustang seems to have nice aftermarket rims from what I can see in the pic.
Thanks she really liked it. Tried finding it a while back but haven't found it but it was to nice of a car to be a parts car so its gotta be around somewhere lol. Well maybe i'll toss a spray bomb in there on the way home that should get rid of him :p. Not sure what the wheels are but I know they wont stay lol. We want to put some 17" Mags on there but we'll prob just run regular Magnums for now.

Judging from the skin I was hoping you had a true COBRA!
Lol that would be some good irony.

Welcome to the site from Northern Virginia! Sounds like your family has a lot of Mustang experience and will make a great project for you. Take some more pics when you get it home and post them up.

Welcome to the site from Northern Virginia! Sounds like your family has a lot of Mustang experience and will make a great project for you. Take some more pics when you get it home and post them up.
Well what I want to do is make a scrap book of sorts on the "restoration" so i'm gonna take a bunch of pics getting it out of the woods, towing it home that sort of thing but I will post them all up here ::thumb::.

Lux..... he lives in Roanoke.... prime rattlesnake and copperhead country. LOL....there is NO such thing as a harmless snake!!!! :D they either kill you or make you kill yourself!!! well that's how it works for me. when I was a poor black child we were hauling hay. I picked up a bale and that son of a gun was under the bale, inches from me. it was 97 that day I was shivering and cold sweats as if it was 20 below. How my dad killed it with just his knife, I dont know... it had 12 rattlers on it. He kept those for YEARS. THAT was a big snake. They were on the hay wagon what seemed to be 100 yards away yelling "come on with that bale ...we dont have all day".... I dont remember if the word even came out...." Snnnnnnn AAAAAAAAAAKKKKee" or they just figured it out.

Back