Newbie in Scotland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimbo

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351 Cleveland
Hi there Stangers,Im from Perth Scotland and just got my first 1971 mach 1 fastback 351 C a couple of weeks ago and its been a bit of a learing curve, My car before was a 1957 ford pop (sit up and beg ) hotrod . I needed a change so I thought Id get a muscle car , The stang was in south africa for most of its days so its pretty solid so anyway heres the story so far.......when I just got it I drove a couple of miles and stopped to get some stuff and tried to restart it it would not start so I left if for about 30 mins and then it started no probs, to cut a long story short I thought it might have needed the fuel pipes covered in some heat shield stuff, but doing some tests I ruled that out, so next day it wouldnt start when hot I ran wire from the battery to the coil and it started with no probs, I changed the starter relay for a solenoid and it has sorted it out apart from having a bit of a misfire now and again that it didnt have before, how did that happen???? anyway the exhausts sounded like an old grandma so I beefed them up a bit and now it purrs and rumbles like a stang should do in my opinion, I should thank a guy called Tommy K for pointing me here, thanks mate, your a star ...Slim Fae Scotland ....FREEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMM

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Post up a pic of both your hot rods. ;)

Also be sure to add you car to the thred “Need all members to respond" that is a running tally of our cars that are still out there.

One last thing...drop a pin on the member map under Fun Stuff above so Scotland will be represented.

Welcome from Chesapeake, Virginia USA!

Hi there Stangers,Im from Perth Scotland and just got my first 1971 mach 1 fastback 351 C a couple of weeks ago and its been a bit of a learing curve, My car before was a 1957 ford pop (sit up and beg ) hotrod . I needed a change so I thought Id get a muscle car , The stang was in south africa for most of its days so its pretty solid so anyway heres the story so far.......when I just got it I drove a couple of miles and stopped to get some stuff and tried to restart it it would not start so I left if for about 30 mins and then it started no probs, to cut a long story short I thought it might have needed the fuel pipes covered in some heat shield stuff, but doing some tests I ruled that out, so next day it wouldnt start when hot I ran wire from the battery to the coil and it started with no probs, I changed the starter relay for a solenoid and it has sorted it out apart from having a bit of a misfire now and again that it didnt have before, how did that happen???? anyway the exhausts sounded like an old grandma so I beefed them up a bit and now it purrs and rumbles like a stang should do in my opinion, I should thank a guy called Tommy K for pointing me here, thanks mate, your a star ...Slim Fae Scotland ....FREEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMM
Hey! You found us!

This is the place to be for 71-73 Mustangs and there are a bunch of guys a lot smarter then me who can help you get your car back on the road.

Welcome.

P.S.

My grandfather was born in Glasgow ( but he was an Irishman, like me).

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Mustang, Oklahoma. You've come to the right place. I visited Perth in May. I enjoyed the day we spent there (not many tourists :)). Chuck

IMG_0383.JPG

Welcome from Mustang, Oklahoma. You've come to the right place. I visited Perth in May. I enjoyed the day we spent there (not many tourists :)). Chuck
Hey Chuck I live about a mile from that Castle, its called Balhousie Castle, small world huh

Hi there and thanks for the welcome, quite a lot of you are wanting to see a pic of my stang and also I pic of my old hotrod ford pop sit up and beg so here it is, the pic of the stang is not one of my best shots (Im a photographer) but it was only for insurance purposes but Ill do some better shots this week . anybody need anything just ask , cheers, Slim Fae Scotland ......mach 1 web.jpgpop 1 web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Freedom Lover: Good to see another Scot with a pony of the right years. I cannot imagine what it is like to drive your Stang--with its massive size--on the narrow roads and lanes of Scotland. I've driven through Perth, Edinburgh, and Glascow in a small Vauxall (sp?) and that was a challenge in itself! My red-headed, Scotland-loving son even demurred when I handed him the wheel. Congrats on your purchase. Keep us posted on your progress. And, please receive a Scot's welcome from sunny Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back