Cylinder Heads SB Ford 302 ~ Is there a left and a right?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archifx

Reaction score
My Car
72' Mustang Fastback (Mach1 Wannabe :)
Getting ready to purchase some new heads for the project 72. Is there a difference for left and right side? Edelbrock 60369 is what I am running with. Do I just order 2 of these from Summit? Here is the link: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-60369/

Will these be a nice improvement in HP over the stock ones? Suggestions to stay around a $500-$600 budget.

Barring special modifications, they should be the same left and right. As far as Edelbeock heads go they make so many variations (chamber volume, runner volume, valve size, spring diameter, bolt down rockers vs. adjustable, etc.) I think you should call them to determine what is best for your specific application. A little bit less expensive option is Ed's E-Street heads. Chuck

The only thing requiring L+R heads is if they are equipped with emissions ports. There are usually plugged at the front of the engine and open at the rear for air injection tubes. Usually 79-95 5.0's are the ones you need to worry about.

If you are buying aftermarket non emissions heads, then there is no difference between the L+R heads.

Back