Fuel Vapor Canister Foil Tube/Hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
I've searched the threads here and there is a lot of good discussion on the vapor canister and how it works, but I've come up with zilch on where to buy a replacement paper/foil tube/hose that goes from the canister to the air cleaner.

I've take the old tube to 4 of the local auto parts stores and all they have are larger diameter ones.

I checked Ohio Mustang, CJ Pony Parts, and Virginia Classic Mustangs website and cannot find it.

Anyone know a source for the tube?

I've searched the threads here and there is a lot of good discussion on the vapor canister and how it works, but I've come up with zilch on where to buy a replacement paper/foil tube/hose that goes from the canister to the air cleaner.

I've take the old tube to 4 of the local auto parts stores and all they have are larger diameter ones.

I checked Ohio Mustang, CJ Pony Parts, and Virginia Classic Mustangs website and cannot find it.

Anyone know a source for the tube?
Did you call Don? He has stuff not listed on his site

I love mustangs unlimited! So glad that one of their two locations is 45 minutes away.

thats what I bought, and painted it flat black to match the orig.

I like mustang unlimited, only because its within driving distance (1hr) and if I order by 3pm its at my door step by noon the next day :)

Glazier Nolan Mustang Barn used to sell the genuine Ford black paper over foil tubing - it had a D4 code on the tag and came in 3 ft sections. Last time I bought some was over 12 yrs ago. I used to cut it in half and save the other half for replacing the tube when it got worn. Still waiting to replace it....

Thanks to a tip from C9ZX (Chuck) I found the Hose (Tube) at NPD. The online description indicates it is a 3 ft long, 3/4 inch aluminum hose, but when I called NPD to check, the salesperson indicated it DID have the black paper covering.

Thanks Chuck for the tip.

They want over $9 to ship the $16.50 hose, so I'll check my wish list and work up a bigger order before I place the order.

Here is the link:

http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/hose_assy_fuel_vapor_canister_3_4_inch-147118-0.html

Thanks to a tip from C9ZX (Chuck) I found the Hose (Tube) at NPD. The online description indicates it is a 3 ft long, 3/4 inch aluminum hose, but when I called NPD to check, the salesperson indicated it DID have the black paper covering.

Thanks Chuck for the tip.

They want over $9 to ship the $16.50 hose, so I'll check my wish list and work up a bigger order before I place the order.

Here is the link:

http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/hose_assy_fuel_vapor_canister_3_4_inch-147118-0.html
Mike, that's a great find if actually does have the black paper covering and not just painted flat black like many of us have been doing. Let us know once you receive it, thanks!

Jim

I received the tube from NPD but it was NOT paper coated as they told me over the phone. They were very apologetic and said they did not have the paper coated ones. The sales guy said I could keep the tube and he would refund my money, so that is great customer service. I ended up painting the tubing a satin black and installed it. The gas odor I had been smelling went away with the new tube installed.

P9290789.jpg

P9290791.jpg

P9290790.jpg

I received the tube from NPD but it was NOT paper coated as they told me over the phone. They were very apologetic and said they did not have the paper coated ones. The sales guy said I could keep the tube and he would refund my money, so that is great customer service. I ended up painting the tubing a satin black and installed it. The gas odor I had been smelling went away with the new tube installed.

[
That's the same tube most of us have been using and doing like you painting it satin black. It works and you really have to look very very close to tell it's not the original paper coated tube.

Jim

You could have wiped it in mud and it would have looked stock.

Reviving this older thread for two reasons. First, by using the search function it kept me from asking where to get the tubing that runs from the canister to the air cleaner. So, thanks for the links to the hose. Secondly, it brings up the following questions:

1) Does anyone know where one can buy the fitting that should be (but is long gone) on my air cleaner that accepts this tubing?

2) If not, would anyone have a picture of the fitting so I could see what it is I am looking for?

Thanks!

OK, I am reviving this thread one more time, does anybody know the stock routing for this tube? Does it go over or under the shock tower brace?, and Does it have any fastening points other than the 2 ends?

OK, I am reviving this thread one more time, does anybody know the stock routing for this tube? Does it go over or under the shock tower brace?, and Does it have any fastening points other than the 2 ends?
I'm not sure on stock but mine runs under the shock tower brace.

mine goes over the tower brace, it got in the way of too much stuff underneath between the A/C components, heater core and ignition wires it just worked better to run it over the brace instead of under.

Reviving the thread again.

I'll be listing one of the D4HZ-9D667-A Ford NOS hoses that I have.

First one is 21.25" long. Its the shortest one I have I'll list on Ebay tomorrow.

I used a 17" piece for my car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back