What is Ram Air

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimbo

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351 Cleveland
Hi there Ive got a Mach 1 1971 351 Cleveland and It has ram air scoops on the hood (bonnet) but Im just wondering if mines are just for show or they do anything, the holes are not blocked up so I imagine it would cool the engine down when moving, is this what ram air is? sorry if this sounds a dum ass question but its not to me ???

_DSC5966.jpg

Jim, no hood to plenum seal

Slimbo I have a kit

Item #3641QXYKIT

71-3 RAM AIR SYSTEM KIT

Ram air system includes metal base complete with snorkel, vacuum assembly and lid, hood plenum with functional vacuum flapper assemblies, seal, vacuum lines, tee, screws, clips, filter, breather element and wing nut. Kit for 351C. Excellent reproduction. Price: $529.95

Does anyone know if there should be some type of seal between the hood and the plenum?

Jim
The rubber ring on top of the breather (on the picture you provided) serves as a seal when the hood is closed.

Ray

I understand now , thanks for all that info , and its something I might get in the future , Ive only had the stang for 3 weeks , its my first one and being in Scotland its not that easy to ask people about them as nobody has them so its good to come here and pick everyones brains, good job people and love to you all . Slimbo Fae Scotland .....FREEDOM

Back