Anyone looking for an intense project?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx-skydiver

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q-Code
I found this beauty in a field near Dallas. Its been sitting in the same location for 27 years. I was hoping to take it and save it but I just don't think I can do all of that. I am having a hard enough time with the one I have now.

Not one good panel and not original engine. It now has a 351W.

Anyway - Hollar if interested in saving her from her demise.

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

Wow, what did that car do to earn that kind of treatment! I hope somebody can save her!

Wow, what did that car do to earn that kind of treatment! I hope somebody can save her!
I spoke with the homeowner. She tells me that it belongs to her ex-husband. He brought it home and dropped it there. Two years later they divorced and he left...25 years ago. She says its an eyesore and wouldn't mind seeing it go but with all of her property its not in her way either.

I really wanted to take it but I just don't have the place, time or money for another project...especially this large.

I bet you could get it for a song and dance!

Since it is not the original engine, you might want to check the door tag to see what rear end, gearing, etc came in it originally. Who knows, it may have the 31' axles and a traction Lock.

If I were you, I would get it...just for the parts. On the other hand, thee are people who restoring or resurrecting them in a lot worse shape.

Just a thought!

BT

It is in pretty rough shape, but even parting it out might get you some good money for your project. Does it come with the tach .The gauge cluster with the tach and wiring harness is very sought after by people with dummy lights who want the original look.I called a few places when I got my car to see what they would go for and I was told around 1000$.So if the interior is decent parting it out and selling on e'bay could be worth someones time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is in pretty rough shape, but even parting it out might get you some good money for your project. Does it come with the tach .The gauge cluster with the tach and wiring harness is very sought after by people with dummy lights who want the original look.I called a few places when I got my car to see what they would go for and I was told around 1000$.So if the interior is decent parting it out and selling on e'bay could be worth someones time.
Thre is not one piece of sheetmetal that is ok..except maybe the roof. The interior is pretty well shot.

The car was originally a 2V with an auto tranny and the standard lower end interior. I doubt it has any high performance parts...like the rear end.

I was originally thinking of using it for a parts car, but the only thing I could use is the passenger tail light.

I'd rather see it get saved though. If I had a large enough place to put it for a few years I'd do it.

I agree saving a car is great. But when you start off with something this beat up

it is alright if the car is not just a base model.The money it would take is unrealistic.you would spend so much time on the bodywork cutting and fitting panels from a donor car, that will probably be in better shape.Now if this was a boss 351 that would be another story because then the number match would actually give the car some value.I hate seeing them get crushed but sometimes that is all they are good for.

please don't shoot me :blush:

hahaha

I agree saving a car is great. But when you start off with something this beat up

it is alright if the car is not just a base model.The money it would take is unrealistic.you would spend so much time on the bodywork cutting and fitting panels from a donor car, that will probably be in better shape.Now if this was a boss 351 that would be another story because then the number match would actually give the car some value.I hate seeing them get crushed but sometimes that is all they are good for.

please don't shoot me :blush:

hahaha
I understand your feeling and believe me...I thought the same thing. But when you love these cars it just hurts to know of one going to the crusher.

believe me I know .Apart from cars me and my girlfriend really love dogs and we go to the shelter once in a while to walk the dogs.And believe me when I say that when you take one out for a walk, and it might be it's last because it has been there to long. Nobody want's it ,and they will put them to sleep the next day. that is a hard thing to take in.So to a certain degree this is the same feeling { I did say to a certain degree } It hurts to see something you love and can't save go to it's grave.

But I am happy to say we did adopt a dog from the shelter and she is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - finally see one that's in worse shape than mine. Whatta bummer it's that bad off - if I didn't already have my Jeep and Mustang taking up more than my allotted space at the shop, I'd take a road-trip and go get 'er.

Grab it and strip it for nut bolts screws clips trust me. Cant have to many spare parts. I striped a rust free 72 grande. It ran but the 351c had a rod knock.I sold sum parts and cut the cowl piece out that i need for my mach. Then scraped the body. My 2nd parts car is a 72 mach 1. That when i'm dun with my 71 mach 1 will sell as is

Grab it and strip it for nut bolts screws clips trust me. Cant have to many spare parts. I striped a rust free 72 grande. It ran but the 351c had a rod knock.I sold sum parts and cut the cowl piece out that i need for my mach. Then scraped the body. My 2nd parts car is a 72 mach 1. That when i'm dun with my 71 mach 1 will sell as is
There's alot to be said for that but I really do not have the room for it and my HOA would not appreciate it sitting in my driveway.

Back