New Mach Owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

armyfox

Reaction score
ft. campbell, ky (originally from Missouri)
My Car
1973 Mach 1 'Q' Automatic, Future Daily Driver!
Hello, my name is David and I just recently acquired a 73 mach 1. My father's friend decided to sell some of his cars and I got mine for $2500. It is an automatic 'Q' code with original transmission and engine. It was originally glow gold, however, someone decided to paint it blue awhile ago. I am unfortunately deployed at this moment in Afghanistan. However, I will be coming back May-ish of next year and will have plenty of money to throw at my new daily driver :D. I did have an 88 GT up until yesterday when I had the wife sell it so I could pay my father for the Mach and get a few things to make it run good. I know a lot about fox body mustangs and about T5 transmissions (I rebuild them). The only bad thing is the T5 isn’t going to help me with this new car lol. Looking forward to talking to everyone, seeing how everyone's projects and builds come along, and making a few more mustang friends along the way. I have been researching 351c for the past week and will continue to do so. I am going to make this my daily driver, but I also want the car to have around 450hp. I keep reading 400hp is very achievable so hopefully I can get the car up to around 450-500 at most and have some fun with it :). Thanks

73MachFront.jpg

73MachSide.jpg

73MachEng.jpg

73MachInt.jpg

Welcome from down under looks like she's been sitting for a while, always good to see them brought back to life, Stay safe and all the best........

Welcome from Houston, Tx! Thank you for your service!!

There are lots of things that can be done with a 351 C to bring the horsepower to 450.

To start with the Cleveland is a lot better breathing engine than the small block Ford.

The 351C was designed to compete with the big block engines and live at 7000 RPM.

Intake, exhaust, cam, lifters and rockers will bring the horsepower up.

Use a roller cam for less rolling resistance and easier compatibility with today's' oils.

Use ARP bolts throughout for durability. Add in H beam rods and forged pistons.

Use a stroker kit to bring it to 408 cubic inch will make it easier to hit your 450HP number.

Curtis

Welcome to the site from Virginia!

First, thanks for serving and be safe over there! :salute:

Looks like a good deal for $2,500. Keep the pictures and updates coming!

::welcome:: from Southern MD! Like others have said 450hp is easily achievable with the cleveland!

welcome to the forum from Ontario Canada...looks like you have a good one to start with.

Question for you....that 66 fastback in the background of one of the pictures.....is it for sale?

Hi David and ::welcome:: to the forum from Luxembourg/Europe. Sounds like a great score at that price.

Welcome to the group from North Carolina! When you get back we'll be here to help you in whatever you need. Get home safe. Thanks for your service. :salute:

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the forum from Ontario Canada...looks like you have a good one to start with.

Question for you....that 66 fastback in the background of one of the pictures.....is it for sale?
I am afraid not on the 66 fastback. At least not yet. He is in the process of restoring it. My dad collects them and restores them. He already has 11 mustangs (thats my last count). He just bought this one because it was real cheap ($2000). My dad's motto is everything always has a price. I hate his motto because what he sells I do not get lol.

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Glad to have you here and thank you for your service. We've got a lot of active duty and veterans here.

Looks like you've got a great project there. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back