351v 4v intake question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazsper

Reaction score
My Car
1968 Coupe: 393w, TKO-600, Maier Racing springs, Global West suspension, Currie 9in with forged axles, 3.50 gears, Trutrac, Baer brakes front/rear
1973 Mach-1: 351c 4V, C-6, 3.73:1 gears and a long "To Do" list..
I see that Edelbrock has an Air Gap intake for the 2v/4v Cleveland. Has anyone used this intake?

I have not. When you say for 2v/4v you mean one for a 2v and a different one for a 4v right?

There is a lot of good discussions on Cleveland intakes at the network54 335 series forum.

Have not had the opportunity to try one yet. Edelbrock says on size fits all. Chuck

The part number is #7564. It says this one intake works well with either 2v or 4v. That's why I was not sure how well it worked for either.

40hp for an intake? Wow. Does he have 4v heads? Right now I have a single plane Edelbrock intake. Victor I believe. I was hoping to get the power a little lower in the RPM range.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I did my build I looked at many Intakes. I ended up with the Edelbrock performer. I highly recommend it for the Cleveland 4V with the 4V heads. The air gap is also supposed to be good, but will not fit with the Ram air set up because it is taller than the Performer.

Oh.. Good point. So, the Air Gap intake would fit if I didn't have the ram air setup?

Interesting that Edelbrock would recommend the Felpro #1240 2V intake gastkets. :huh: Anybody have port demensions on these?

Given your response, the 2v gasket doesn't fit the 4v head?..

I just installed the air-gap and couldn't be happier. I was running a stock spread bore manifold with a transdapt adapter plate for a square bore carb. That combination ran surprisingly well, but it was lacking the strong pull past 5000 rpm's. She pulls much stronger now from 4000-6200 rpm's. Still has great torque and idles smoother too. I'm running a 1407 Edelbrock 750. I haven't broke out the strip kit to dial it in even better. I used the Edelbrock gaskets that were recomended in the install instructions. I picked it up on a craiglist ad for $210.00 including shipping from Canada. The original owner bought it for his 4v motor and didn't think it would work since the port size is of the 2v dimension. A little info off the internet shows that it works better than just about any other manifold out there!! There's some great dyno run spread sheets with just about every manifold made for the cleveland from some Pantera engine builders site that prove how good this manifold is. I believe there's a link to it from this site. Search "351 cleveland inatake".

Well it certainly sounds like I'm getting the Air Gap.

Would port matching be good or bad?

Latest posts

Back