ELECTRIC WINDOWS AND ELECTRIC DOOR LOCKS PROBLEM

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimbo

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351 Cleveland
Hi there , 1971 mach 1 . My window on the driver side works no problem but the passenger side window can be put down from the passenger side but wont go up from the passemger side, has to be put up from drivers side, also there is another couple of buttons from the drivers side control panel that dont seem to be doing anything, I think one is for locking the doors and the others maybe for the back windows. The back windows dont seem to be working either from the back or the drivers panel, Im not very good with electrics and Im just looking for a few pointers in the right direction to get me started.......helpppppppppp Slim fae Scotland

Ohhh my..I got electric windows...but i havent had to get into them yet...They are quite rare on our cars and usualy tore out...I know a few guys here been into them better than i have...and hopfully pop in soon and give you a direction.

The " lock " button is not for door locks.

It locks out control of the windows - so driver has all control.

Pass side sounds like a bad switch

If rear windows won't work from drivers or rear controls

It is probably the motors - they can be opened, cleaned, lubed and re-assembled.

The switches in the drivers door will not interchange with the other switches

1973 switches are different

I have new switches available for drivers door, lock switch and pass / rear switches

Don

Item #C9AZ-14540

71-72 POWER WINDOW LOCK OUT SWITCH

Master Lock out switch - 1 per car for driver door. Price: $41.95

Item #C9AZ-14529

71-72 POWER WINDOW SWITCH

Power window switch for passenger door or either quarter window.Fits 71-72 Mustang, 71-72 Cougar and 69 70 71 72 Ford, Mercury, Thunderbird, LTD, Lincoln. Price: $41.95

C9AZ-14529-B is for the drivers door - I have them too 41.95 ea

If rear windows won't work from drivers or rear controls

It is probably the motors - they can be opened, cleaned, lubed and re-assembled.
Don,

Have you opened a rear motor and done this? I would be very interested if you had written procedures and any pictures.

Jeff

Thanks Pegasus, Ive already got the door cards off and there is some water in there so its prob just what I need to do, Ill give it a bash this week and let you all know how I get on. Im guessing that there aint that many mach 1s with power windows as they seem to be like hens teeth. thanks for all you r help , awsome site ...Slimbo

Slim.... only 1600 were produced with power windows. A handfull of convertibles were produced.

WHAT EVER YOU DO...do not break the tabs that hold on your bezels. I've been priced every where from 1100 to 3000.00 to get mine straightened out with replacement parts.

I ask the guy that priced 3000. "I dont mind paying a premium but will you consider getting close to everyone's price"

response: "you need them dont you"

me: "yes"

response: "then they are 3000.00"

on your pancakes... remove....disassemble clean, lube, check electric connections are sturdy....reassemble. Most times all that is all they need.

Back