Car of the Month - We need Submissions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
We have had a lot of new members lately and some older members who have not submitted their 71/73 Mustang for Car of the Month. We need some submissions for October, so don't be shy and post up your story and pictures. There are two categories for submission, On the road and restoration in progress. Each month's winning car will be featured in the next 71/73 Calendar!

Here is the link to the Car of the Month threads and all the details:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-cotm-spotlight-submissions

:run_horse:

How bout my car since Oct 1st is also my B-day

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had a lot of new members lately and some older members who have not submitted their 71/73 Mustang for Car of the Month. We need some submissions for October, so don't be shy and post up your story and pictures. There are two categories for submission, On the road and restoration in progress. Each month's winning car will be featured in the next 71/73 Calendar!

Here is the link to the Car of the Month threads and all the details:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-cotm-spotlight-submissions

:run_horse:
Just bumping this so people know to click on this link.

Here is my Boss....ordered it new on Christmas Eve 1970 after coming home from service....31000 original miles

I do not have any great pictures of my car since I cleaned it up.

I will be at the MOM June 29 for the all Ford day and will see if they will let me pull it out in front of the museum and get pics. If not could get some inside.

For those that do not know the story.

I heard that Ford was going to make the major changes in the Mustang for 74. I had just ordered a new Maverick Grabber in 71 and had a new motorcycle and my old hot rod and did not really need another car.

So I went to the Ford dealer here where I live and went into the salesman's office that I deal with. I told him to get the Ford Facts Book out that I wanted to order a 1973 Mustang Mach 1 with every option I could get. While I am scanning the book he leaves and comes back with the owner or the dealership. He says, " I understand you are wanting to order a Mustang with every option". I told him yes I was and he then says, "I will sell you any LTD on the lot for less money". I told him that an LTD would never be worth anything and he said "a Mustang will never be worth anything either".

This was when you could go buy a 65 fastback HiPo for $1,000. Even Boss 9 were around a $1,000 due to the gas getting scarce.

I we filled out the order and even went with a non factory color it was due to be a dark oxford metallic brown Lincoln or T-bird color. A few days after they sent the order in I got a call and the salesman said Ford had called and they would be putting an Argent front bumper on if I went with the non factory color so I changed to 5-H Medium Brown Metallic.

I ordered it on March 30, 1973 and had asked the owner if he could swing getting Ford to make it the last one built. He said he could not.

So the sticker price was $5,156.90 with tax and all in $5,203.92 and I paid $4,803.95 for the car with undercoating also. It required two window stickers to get all the options listed.

At the MOM I have the original order form, window stickers, factory invoice, sales contract and Elite Marti report. If you count up the options include what is in the Mach 1 package and the dealer options I added it has 41 options on it. Marti saw the car during the grand opening and said it was one impressive Mustang.

Like I say I do not really have any great pictures. The day I finished putting it back together I drove it into the trailer and that afternoon drove it into the MOM. It sat for 37 years in an open pole barn on dirt floor. The attached is a video shot when I drove it into the MOM. I did not have time to tune the carburetor and I forgot to plug in the brake light switch.

I took the entire car apart cleaned and put back together in 10 weeks. Some days I could do nothing due to disc in my neck and some days were 16 hours. The only help I had was to remove and install the transmission.

I guess they thought enough of the car as you came into the museum entrance there was a fully restored 1964 1/2 coupe then Carol Shelby's Black Hornet and then my car.

They would not let me put the story boards, Marti and info up during the grand opening. They said it would cause too much interest and slow the visitors down reading the info. So many complaints were made the last day they let us put them up and it did get much more attention with the story.

I did not restore it just cleaned it. Still has not been washed with running water in 37 + years and the paint has not been buffed. It is by no means a perfect show car and never will be it is a survivor.

Some pics in the barn and in the Mustang Owner's Museum in Concord, N.C..

They turned the bad side of the car out, lol. I loaned to a friend in 1974 and he scraped right fender on mailbox and had it painted but never matched. Did not have time to try to do any better.

https://i.ibb.co/C5hL1q7/100-2193.jpg[/img]

OK ! if you insist ..here's my bag of bolts   :whistling:

Naughty bits 

all numbers matching tidy little M code 351C -- no rot what so ever. 

I cannot believe i found him in this condish after 48 years of life

First owner got him 5th May 1971 in Idaho Falls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back