Exhaust Ideas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemisis72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 351C Coupe
Holley 4bbl Carb
Holley Street Dominator Intake
have 72 coupe with the stock single exhaust. I thought about running an h-pipe and 10 series single champer mufflers with exhaust exiting over the rear axle under the quarters. Dont want a typical rear exit exhaust, like to be oringal.

Any suggestions

I like an X-pipe (H pipe is fine) with Magnaflow mufflers. You could always go with a full length "hidden" exhaust. Do a full length exhaust but just go a little further than the axle and angle the pipes away from the fuel tank.

very much depends on the materials used, stainless or aluminized steel, mufflers used, (i agree,single chambers will be very loud and deafening on the highway) and size of the pipe used, what kind of engine it has, mild cam,big cam, all sorts of things..

i have a 3" into 2.5"system, it goes into 2.5" after the X-over into Spintech mufflers, then over the axle and then it stops. and the f238 cam from crane

i have some soundclips for you, at idle

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 351c. besides a 4 bbl 600cfm carb and intake the motor is stock. I didnt think about the noise levels on the highway, I want it to sound aggressive.

Mine has an x pipe with the delta 40's and I think its fairly quiet. Its twice as quiet on the inside with the x now over the h pipe
Did you have the x pipe custom made in a shop or did you buy it online. I was thinking h because thats all I can find

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 351c. besides a 4 bbl 600cfm carb and intake the motor is stock. I didnt think about the noise levels on the highway, I want it to sound aggressive.

Mine has an x pipe with the delta 40's and I think its fairly quiet. Its twice as quiet on the inside with the x now over the h pipe
Did you have the x pipe custom made in a shop or did you buy it online. I was thinking h because thats all I can find
The local muffler shop had them in stock

But look here

http://www.jegs.com/c/Exhaust-Headers-Mufflers_Crossover-X-and-H-Style-Exhaust-Pipes/11525/10002/-1

2012-08-18_12-04-43_758.jpg

so I could just get a universal and have the shop build the exhaust around that.

Latest posts

Back