71-73 Mustang assembly line pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spechti

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 (under restoration), 1973 Lincoln Mark IV (show boat)
Hi guys,

some time ago, I saw an assembly line picture on the "429 Mustang and Cougar Megasite". the most interesting fact on this image was Cougars and Mustangs running on the same assembly line. I guess this was because of the special engine treatment for the bigblock cars. Somewhere I have seen another one where Coupes and Fastbacks were on the line.

Does anyone have other interesting historic pictures of 71-73 Mustangs being assembled?

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ray!

The pic with the Boss is the one I saw some time ago and my remembering was a little faulty. I find it funny that Boss 351 and Cougars were built on the same line.

The pics showing up on the web from time to time all seem to be the same 5 or 6. It is hard to believe that in three years of Mustang making not every month or so a photographer was on the site to shoot milestones or production documentation or press stuff or whatever...

Michael

Bumping to show some of these interesting assembly line pics and info for some of the newer members.

This site has a ton of older posts with great info!!! Just search!!!!!

Ray

Back