New to the Board and 1st 71-73 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Coupe (new to me) and just getting started with it.
Hello from the PNW (Washington). I just received a 73 Mustang hard top from a friend. It had been passed to him when his brother-in-law died.

Now to keep the story going, I gave him a 95 Mustang GT a few years ago when he needed a ride. So this is his payback I guess.

I'm not new to Mustangs having had at least 5 in my past. Most notable a 98 Triple Black Jack Roush Stage 2 Convertible. That was a nice ride.

My other best friend now has it, his wife bought from me to give him as a birthday gift. I still have visitation rights.....

My daughter has my last Mustang which was a 94 Mustang GT convert. Red/Tan. Very nice ride, only drawback it was an automatic. She nagged me for 3 years before I gave it to her.

Back in the Philippines I had a fox body 6 cylinder.. Nice car, but anemic.

So here I am with a 73 Coupe. Looking forward to bringing it to life.

Mike

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Congrats on the new acquisition. What engine & trans does it have? Body in good condition?

It has a slightly modded 302 (new holly Double pumper), Ford Racing valve covers, chrome air breather & such), It runs, has a new gas tank & the body is straight, the car looks to be close to 100% complete. It is in primer though, so I'm not sure what color it was originally. I need to look for the info in the door I guess. It's body is straight. My only concern there is rust in the trunk. My first order will be to tackle stripping the body and redoing some of the body work with emphasis on the trunk. The interror is complete, free from rips, but dirty. Headliner is mildew, will need to attempt clean or replace. Plan is to paint it its original color & replace the flat hood with the NASA mach-1 style hood. lots of plans..

I will take some pics to show progress soon.

Mike

Welcome from Texas! Rusted trunk floors are all too common in these cars.

How's the tail light panel at the bottom of the tail light openings?

::welcome:: From Houston Tx!

Congrats and welcome to the club from Chesapeake, VA

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Glad to have you here!

Take a close look under the front carpet at the floor pans and especially the cowl. Our cars are great at hiding malignant rust in those areas.

And post some pics as soon as you can so we can see what you've got. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back