New to the Board and 1st 71-73 Mustang

CaptJackD

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

x3 for Don @ OMS.

X4 for Don @ OMS! Great guy to deal with and will give you the best service possible from a vendor, hands down!

Welcome from a fellow 73 Mustang owner and I live in Arlington, Wa. Sounds like you have a very good project. Looking forward to pictures.

It is inexcusable for scientists to torture animals; let them make their experiments on journalists and politicians.

Henrik Ibsen

Thank you for all the Welcomes. I have a question for the group. I'm getting ready to order my Marti report, how long does it take to receive?

Mike

also a couple have asked about my username. Several reasons I use CaptJackD. First as the other member stated, I am retired navy, and second, I like pirates and have dressed up on more than a few occasions as a Pirate for Holloween and finally the D stands for Daniels.. Just a fun Twist. I have indulged a time or two. So CaptJackDaniels....

Mike

CaptJackD

"Mike"

73 Ford Mustang Coup 302

98 Roush Mustang Stage 2, 3x Black Vert (NoAvgGT)

92 F150 Custom Flareside 351W

Hey Mike. The Marti report only take a few days. I think you can order an online version and print it out immediately.

I spent 10 years in the Navy, and we have quite a few former swabbies as members. I was a Corpsman - what rating were you?

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Thanks and 73VertProject I was a Radioman at the beginning of my career in 1980 and when I retired 2001 My rate was becoming what is Information Technologist (IT).

Hyena429 thanks and I have been in Washington since 93 and have always wanted to visit the Eastern side of the state. Maybe my project 73 coupe will be finished by spring and I'll be able to drive over!...

I will upload some pics of the project coup tonight!.

Mike

Specs on my car, Pre-Marti Report, Not rare, but she is all mine.

VIN = 3F01F111613

Dearborn, hard top, 302 2v, unit 11163

body = 65D hard top coupe

Color = 5M Medium Copper Metalic

Trim = AA Black Vinyl - Std interior

Born = 8/72

DSO = 74 Seattle WA

Axel = 3, 2.79.1 Conventional

Trans = W, C4 Automatic

Current plans= Tackle the Body/trunk rust. remove vinyl top. clean inside out, tuneup. Pain back to factory Med Copper Met, NASA hood, Black stripe package. trunk Spoiler, tint windows. Magnum wheel/tire package, replace steering wheel. Improve on the engine. Replace suspension, brakes. More to follow.

Pics once I figure out how to get them uploaded.

Mike

CaptJackD

"Mike"

73 Ford Mustang Coup 302

Here is my project 73 coupe.

73MustangCoup1_zps95e5d508.jpg

73MustangCoupEngine_zps94d40b36.jpg

Can anyone identify this holly carb from the pic. I also still need to check if this is the original engine or possibly a 289.

2012-10-03_17-54-06_72_zps82504ca5.jpg

Close up of the Holly carb.

Mike

CaptJackD

"Mike"

73 Ford Mustang Coup 302

Very nice, Mike!

I would post the close-up picture in the 71 - 73 Mustang Talk forum and you'll probably get a lot of info.

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

More research shows it to be part number #0-80457s or Holley 4160. 600cfm. Thanks i'll move further discussions to 71-73 mustang talk..

Mike

CaptJackD

"Mike"

73 Ford Mustang Coup 302

Hey Mike. The Marti report only take a few days. I think you can order an online version and print it out immediately.

I spent 10 years in the Navy, and we have quite a few former swabbies as members. I was a Corpsman - what rating were you?

I ordered the online deluxe report and it took a few days before i could view it. I think its a must have to give you a starting point for your cars history.

adpic.jpg

Ordered a deluxe on thursday 5th. Telling myself, when the project is finished I'll upgrade to an Elite, I'm pretty sure I will not find anything surprising in the report, this seems like it was a garden varity 302 coupe, But I have nice plans for the winter. a couple parts each paycheck.... Tks..

Mike

CaptJackD

"Mike"

73 Ford Mustang Coup 302