Not my dream Boss 351 for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He lives near me. He has all the hard to find parts. He was asking $12500.00 and people complained so he spent time hunting parts and raised the price.

Can someone explain to me how the imprints on the carburetor tags and the casting numbers on the engine block get wiped out?

I someone cleaning them all the time? This kind of thing just kind of drives me nuts because the ones I have are pristine.

That has been off and on ebay for 4 or 5 years - maybe more

He lives near me. He has all the hard to find parts. He was asking $12500.00 and people complained so he spent time hunting parts and raised the price.
Agreed - He has some extemely valuable parts! -And I heard he gave serious money for those rare parts! As the popularity of these cars rise - the parts increase too. Boss 351 carbs = crazy money - and they bring it.

Check out a Boss 429 complete smog system. Again, crazy. But they want to play, so they pay.

IMHO any Boss 351, as long as it is verified as a real Boss and is determined 'buildable", will bring good money. While I don't think it will bring his asking price; if someone is interested - they can surely make him an offer with cash and/or trades.

Heck, with the 'right' trades they might make a great deal.

I respect everyone's efforts as some on here have started with worse canidates for restoration and have made very impressive progress.

People's deciding factors for "buildable" are definitley different.

So, if someone is looking for a Boss 351 project, make him an offer.

If you can't play - you are out.

Ray

Agreed - He has some extemely valuable parts! -And I heard he gave serious money for those rare parts! As the popularity of these cars rise - the parts increase too. Boss 351 carbs = crazy money - and they bring it.

Check out a Boss 429 complete smog system. Again, crazy. But they want to play, so they pay.

IMHO any Boss 351, as long as it is verified as a real Boss and is determined 'buildable", will bring good money. While I don't think it will bring his asking price; if someone is interested - they can surely make him an offer with cash and/or trades.

Heck, with the 'right' trades they might make a great deal.

I respect everyone's efforts as some on here have started with worse canidates for restoration and have made very impressive progress.

People's deciding factors for "buildable" are definitley different.

So, if someone is looking for a Boss 351 project, make him an offer.

Ray

He isn't willing to deal and is considering taking on the restoration.

He will not get back what he paid for the parts and should have sold the shell for $10k and moved on. Not very many people want to buy a car that is all messed up with a bunch of parts from this and that and here and there and spend tens of thousands to restore it when they can buy one already done for a known price. Who knows what the final cost would be to restore the one.

"I have a correct original Boss 351 long block and it’s clean, but will need re-building. It's not original to the car, but I’ve verified all the engineering numbers with the Boss 351 registry website. There is a VIN # on the block, but it is unreadable."

I can appreciate his honesty but too many holes in the deal... what is the point in the rare parts if your buying a body with parts that happen to be from the same era?

"I have a correct original Boss 351 long block and it’s clean, but will need re-building. It's not original to the car, but I’ve verified all the engineering numbers with the Boss 351 registry website. There is a VIN # on the block, but it is unreadable."
Premium price for something that can't be trumpeted as being "numbers matching" when complete? I'd also like to know in what manner that VIN is "unreadable" - is it simply inaccessible, or did someone "just happen" to hit it with an angle grinder?

Cue the "losing horns" music cue from The Price is Right.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back