Wiring mess!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CH71

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1. 351C 4v, C4.
Somebody patched (hacked?) parts of the wiring harness in the engine compartment on my 71 Mach. One place is for the engine connections and the neutral safety switch,(which is missing).

The coil/temp/oil plug looks like it might be from a different year or options, it has four wires, the wiring diagram shows three. There's one wire that I haven't been able to identify. It's black with yellow or light green hash marks and it goes to two wires that are red with orange hash marks coming out of the plug. Something for a/c maybe? I also found a red wire with yellow dots or hash marks that had been snipped, I think that goes to the throttle solenoid. And there’s a white and purple wire going to the neutral safety switch plug that has some somewhat melted insulation, I think that’s for the backup lights, which I have wired to a toggle switch.

The other place is the voltage reg/alt/solenoid harness. If somebody could post some pics of what the wiring should look like in those areas, including where the neutral safety switch plug should be located it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-

1zrye.jpg

mw9r3o.jpg

zwg7iq.jpg

This may help with the gauge feed harness. http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-engine-feed-help

Back-up/neutral harness is connector C-20, 4 wires, red/light blue (32A), black/pink (140), white/pink (296), red/light blue (32)

The picture might help some. Chuck

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0508.JPG

You think you have a mess? You ought to see what crosses my workbench on a typical weekend...

This may help with the gauge feed harness. http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-engine-feed-help

Back-up/neutral harness is connector C-20, 4 wires, red/light blue (32A), black/pink (140), white/pink (296), red/light blue (32)

GREAT PICTURES CHUCK!

Thes should be posted in the Concoures section of our Gallery.

I am actually looking for some reference to the Power steering Hose routing, Heater Hose routing and Power steering hose routing.

I am trying to get everything in the engine bay to look factory but it is difficult to find original pics of the 351C in a 71.

That looks a lot like my '73. I would like to just rewire my car but nobody makes a harness after '70.

GREAT PICTURES CHUCK!

I am actually looking for some reference to the Power steering Hose routing, Heater Hose routing and Power steering hose routing.

I am trying to get everything in the engine bay to look factory but it is difficult to find original pics of the 351C in a 71.
If these help I can post more or email you them. Chuck

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0502.JPG

GREAT PICTURES CHUCK!

If these help I can post more or email you them. Chuck
Thanks for the extra pics, Chuck.

They should help, if not I'll be PM-ing you!

I hope they help. Let me know if you need specific pictures. I'll take them and get them to you. Chuck

The pics have been a big help with the wiring, thanks! Speaking of pics here's one of some "splices" I found on the main power leads that were hiding under the battery tray. (WTF!?!?)

20tf4oj.jpg

A little knowledge....... and a soldering iron is a dangerous thing.

The pics have been a big help with the wiring, thanks! Speaking of pics here's one of some "splices" I found on the main power leads that were hiding under the battery tray. (WTF!?!?)

20tf4oj.jpg

20tf4oj.jpg

Bigger the GLOB better the job:D

Back