72 Heater Hose Routing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
Just bought the yellow strip Heater Hoses for my 1972 Convert, 302-2V with Air. One hose has 2 bends, the other is straight. Check my work...Left port on firewall closest to fender goes to the value on intake right next to the coil??? Right port closest to engine goes to the top of the waterpump??? The hose with the 2 bends seems much too long. Anyone suggestions or link to photo's on the cleanest way to route the hoses???? Also, I have seen other people talk about a small "s" hose coming off of the firewall, should I have bought another hose or hoses that mate with the heater hoses???

Last edited by a moderator:
From assembly manual page E2Z-695-10, dated 04-17-72. Heater core outlet (closest to passenger side) goes to the water pump. Heater core inlet (most inboard) goes to a formed "S" shaped hose the other end connects to the vacuum actuated heater control valve. From there it goes forward and is rests in a metal "cradle" that is attached to the choke and then on to the fitting in the top of the intake manifold. There is a chance a 71 could be somewhat different but, I doubt it. Chuck

From assembly manual page E2Z-695-10, dated 04-17-72. Heater core outlet (closest to passenger side) goes to the water pump. Heater core inlet (most inboard) goes to a formed "S" shaped hose the other end connects to the vacuum actuated heater control valve. From there it goes forward and is rests in a metal "cradle" that is attached to the choke and then on to the fitting in the top of the intake manifold. There is a chance a 71 could be somewhat different but, I doubt it. Chuck
Thanx!!!!!!

Good recommendation on who sells the s shaped hose and heater control value?????

Good recommendation on who sells the s shaped hose and heater control value?????
The hose is available from Marti Works and probably other sources. As far as I know none have the cross hatch/ribbed surface as the original as shown in the picture I posted. I had that NOS hose on a shelf for literally 20 years. Chuck

Back