Heading to Birmingham, AL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 R code. I ordered the car new when I was 19 years old.
2012 Mustang Convertible
1996 BMW R1100RT with Hannigan Sidecar
1997 BMW K1100LT
1981 Honda CM400E
A Buddy and myself are riding to the Barber Motorsports Park later this week for the Vintage motorcycle weekend. I have not been for a few years and am looking forward to it. Here are a couple of pictures from the last time we went.

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

Riding or driving?
We rode. It was 500 miles each way. I rode my solo K 1100. We did interstate all the way. My buddy's bike had only a little over a 100 mile range, so we were stopping frequently. Here is a picture of Dale Walksler of the Wheels through time museum in Maggie Valley. He won the century race on a 1912 Indian. This race is for bikes that are at least 100 years old. It is 2 laps long. There was a film crew around him. It was announced that they were filming for a new show on Velocity called Finding Keepers that features him. Keep an eye out for it. I have met him at the Museum before and have seen him on American Pickers and also Chasing Classic cars.

Saturday night in the camping area, an impromptu slow race competition began on the gravel road just down from our camp site. That was a lot of fun to watch until security came and put a stop to it. Someone must have complained.

DSC04045.JPG

DSC04054.JPG

DSC04060.JPG

Back